How do I become a GTD certified trainer?

TEACH GTD IN YOUR ORGANIZATION
Are you an experienced in-house corporate trainer, interested in learning how to provide the GTD methodology within your organization? The GTD® Essentials Trainer Certification Program provides the education to get you certified to do just that. Get started now. Sign up for our next three-day Certification Program, October 4-6 in San Diego, CA.

Help manage overwhelm and uncertainty by providing affordable, convenient, and accessible GTD training to those critical workers who are responsible for taking your organization to the next level.

This certification program is perfect for training and empowering staff, managers and front-line workers for the constant change and complexities facing your organization today.

You can be certified to lead the engaging and fast paced 4 ½-hour GTD Essentials Workshop, based on the five phases of Mastering Workflow. With in-house training, your staff will be ready to get the right things done.

The certification program includes, but is not limited to, a three-day training workshop, in-house practice sessions and a tailored virtual workflow coaching session to review your personal GTD system. The certification also offers a Master Trainer’s ongoing support and an annual maintenance program. Educational and marketing support materials are also available.

To apply for our Certification Program, please contact us directly at 805-646-8432 or gtdessentials@davidco.com with any questions. We are taking applications for our next Program Workshop in San Diego, October 4-6, 2011.

Click here to find out more about GTD Essentials Certification Program.

16 Responses to “How do I become a GTD certified trainer?”

1. Julian Summerhayes says:

I would be interested in becoming a certified GTD trainer in the UK. Could you please let me know if such an opportunity exists. Thank you.

Julian Summerhayes

2. John says:

Hi Julian,

I’ve asked the coordinator to contact you with more information about that.

— John

3. Heather Ross says:

I’m with a public post-secondary institution (i.e. tight budget) in Canada. Have you given any thought to delivering this training and certification at a distance?

4. Ludmila Rotaru says:

Hello Heather,

I want to thank you so much for your inquiry about the Getting Things Done® Essentials Certification Program.

We will have the next seminar location and dates established in October. Would you want me to email you this information if one of the Certification Program seminar will take place in Canada?

Please let me know.

Ludmila

5. Heather Ross says:

I would say sure, but I’m in the middle of the Prairies (Saskatchewan) so I have my doubts.

6. John says:

Hi Heather,

Are you thinking of training that’s webinar-based, with some indivual e-learning modules, something like that? I’m interested in anything else you might have to say about your ideal program.

Thanks,
    John

7. Heather Ross says:

John, that would be good. I actually as an instructional for the department at our provincial college system that creates all of our online courses.

I think that a distance program that included both synchronous (live) and asynchronous materials would be really beneficial for training people who live outside of major centers, as well as those who simply can’t afford the time away from work and home (including travel expenses and arranging child care).

We see benefits in this not only for employees who want to do training, but also for employers who save on the cost of sending employees for training, as well as saving on the costs associated with having employees away from work.

There are many options for delivering materials including printed manuals, CDs/DVDs, online learning management systems (Moodle is used by a lot of institutions and it’s open source and free), and Webinars.

I think that many more people can be reached, and training can frequently be delivered for less through distance means.

Heather

8. Heather Ross says:

Ugh, I fired that off too quickly.

It should read that I work as an instructional designer.

9. John says:

Hi Heather — wow, that’s a very helpful response! Thanks for sharing your expertise. There are several people at David Allen Company who are involved with the GTD Essentials Certification program. I just forwarded your comment to them. Even though the program is not set up for distance learning yet, your ideas are just what’s needed to develop such a program.

– John

10. Juan says:

I would be interested in becoming a certified GTD trainer in Spain. Thank you.

11. Doreen says:

Will there be other training dates/locations?

12. Kellie says:

Hi Doreen,

Yes, this is an ongoing program so more dates to follow. Do you have any suggestions for locations? We would love to hear them!

Kellie

13. CoachGayle says:

Why is this training limited to in-house corporate trainers? Why are individual consultants excluded?

As a professional certified coach, I’d be interested in taking such training.

14. Jose, (España) says:

I would be interested in becoming a certified GTD trainer in Spain.

Gracias.

15. Ana Maria Gonzalez says:

At this time we don’t offer individual certification, we only offer in-house corporate trainers certification. We are so sorry.

Our Program Workshops locations and dates are posted in our website. We plan to post 2012 locations and dates, no later than
    November.

Thank you so much for your interest.

All the best,

Ana Maria
    GTD Essentials Program Manager

16. Amber says:

Do you now offer the GTD Trainer Certification to individual consultants (not just in-house corporate trainers)? If so, please send me details of how to do attend the training. Thanks!