Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Android apps for GTD?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTD-style voice recorder

I've not yet found a single application that represents a full GTD-solution for me. One of the parts that I really like in my current GTD-suite is netMemo (for "dumping" my brain into the inbox & general idea and thought capture while on-the-go). It let's me record a voice note with only two clicks, and then delivers the recording to my regular e-mail inbox as an mp3-attachment, where I can't miss it.
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...netify.netmemo

Comment

Any.Do

There's a lot of buzz around Any.Do at the moment as it's just been released for iOS and Google Chrome. It started off as an Android app and whilst it's not specifically a GTD focused task management app, it does support some features which could certainly be adapted for GTD style task management if your system is pretty straightforward.

Comment

Any.do "Buzz" Right Now is Data Loss

Beware. There are multiple posts in the Android Market about total loss of tasks with the latest update to Any.Do

Seems as though, the app now asks the user about logging in with Facebook and if you "skip" that, it wipes out all your tasks. Then to make matters worse, it won't accept a restore from previous backups.

I'd be wary until the developer gets this bug fixed (duh!).

I'm still a ToodleDo synced with Ultimate To Do List fan for my Android device.

Comment

As an avid user of Omnifocus, I have been looking for an equivalent app on android for quite some time without success. This would cause many people to ditch it and get an iphone, and I would have done the same if it weren't for the voice actions app by google.

I use voice actions as my primary capture tool. Simply by pressing and holding the magnifying glass icon, the app launches and I say something like " note to self, August 31 going to Jay's for lunch 1pm". Then I press send.

It instantly sends an email to myself with that audio recording so I can process later. It also transcribes the words, but this is very unreliable so I just use the audio attachment. (note: this feature only works for me if I set my location to the US, even though I am British)

iPhone now has Siri which I have not used, but I have heard that the apples server is occasionally down and so puts some people off using this feature.

Because of the lack of Omnifocus or an equivalent on the android platform, I use Omni focus on the iPad which works very nicely.

Comment

If you are a businessman or a responsible employer I think Business Calendar and Dropbox application will useful to you.

Comment

How do you do that?

[QUOTE=timjamesbrennan;101599]I use voice actions as my primary capture tool. Simply by pressing and holding the magnifying glass icon, the app launches and I say something like " note to self, August 31 going to Jay's for lunch 1pm". Then I press send.

It instantly sends an email to myself with that audio recording so I can process later. It also transcribes the words, but this is very unreliable so I just use the audio attachment. (note: this feature only works for me if I set my location to the US, even though I am British)"

Hello, do you mean the google search widget? Where are you accessing the magnifying glass? I am trying this and using a Galaxy Note 2 with Google Now.

Cheers

Bill

Comment

hi

Memento is the app. I emailed the vendor and asked him about future enhancements and I was happily surprised that most of the things that I asked for (custom icons, and other requests) were already on the list for the next or future releases.

Comment

2DO for action items, and Evernote for projects, project support material, reference stuff, and its great as a digital in-basket

Comment

I didn`t find any app on android market for this. Could you post me a link for download ?

Comment

Working...
                    X