Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about the Outlook Add-in

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about the Outlook Add-in

I'm considering purchasing the GTD add-in, but before I do I have a question:

I currently sync. between 2 PC's - one at home and one at the office. I use my Palm Pilot as the conduit between the two platforms. In the product tour, it looks like there are several attributes that relate to tasks that don't have a counterpart on the Palm platform. Will this info sync between the 2 pc's?

Thanks,

James Grossi

Re: Questions about the Outlook Add-in

Originally posted by jkgrossi
    I'm considering purchasing the GTD add-in, but before I do I have a question:

I currently sync. between 2 PC's - one at home and one at the office. I use my Palm Pilot as the conduit between the two platforms. In the product tour, it looks like there are several attributes that relate to tasks that don't have a counterpart on the Palm platform. Will this info sync between the 2 pc's?

Thanks,

James Grossi
    The GTD Add-In adds an Action field and a Project field (among others) to Tasks created by processing emails and Tasks you enter manually (if you pick an Action and a Project). These fields are not passed to your Palm unless your connector handles custom fields.

To be consistent with the Implementing David Allen's Workflow Processing Using Microsoft Outlook document, the Action is written to the Categories field. If your connector passes Categories then you can use the Update Tasks function to put your categories to Actions on the other PC. There is no direct path for the Projects field.

Comment

Working...
    X