Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would love a tool that syncs with my iPhone, I have a pc, what would you recommend?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcogilvie View Post
    Funny, it's Appigo Todo that I find unusable. It shows the project in all contexts for which there is a next action on the project, and you have to go inside the project to see the next action. The filtering system leads me astray. it doesn't support start dates. Sorting is anemic. The iPad version has a ridiculous paper notebook look. I could go on, but you get the idea. Each to his/her own, I guess.
    You're right - everyone will have a different take and likes/dislikes.

I only use Appigo Todo on the iPhone. I don't need start dates nor do I use filtering or sorting. For me, I prefer the way they display parent task/subtasks (single tap to see all subtasks), and I find everything generally takes a single tap rather than having to go down an extra screen level or have to scroll to the bottom to access notes, etc.

And I find the look and feel intuitive and appealing, whereas Toodledo looks and behaves kinda like an older generation iPhone app. Very functional, but just not making the most of iOS. Mind you, the Toodledo website is a bit sad looking too so I guess it runs in the family.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterW View Post
      ...the Toodledo website is a bit sad looking too so I guess it runs in the family.
      +1 for using Toodledo with Appigo's ToDo app (on both iPhone and iPad)

Strangely enough the 'notebook look' is one of the things I really like about the iPad version of Appigo's ToDo. "Different strokes, for different folks" as they say.

As to the look of the Toodledo website: There are a number of things you can do to improve its look and tweak the presentation of data.

For anyone getting started using Toodledo I would suggest spending some time in the user Forums, particularly in the 'Tips&Tricks' and 'Getting Things Done' sections to learn how other users have set up their lists, contexts, tags etc. to derive maximum benefit from Toodledo

I'm one of the dinosaurs that still uses Internet Explorer for most of my browsing but since discovering user scripts and styles for Firefox have started using that exclusively for Toodledo, Gmail and my Google Calendar.

My preferred userstyle is 'Toodledo Focus', but there are several others available (most, if not all are free).
      Link to 'Toodledo Focus': http://userstyles.org/styles/40980
      Read about it here:
      http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/871...edo-focus.html

Comment

Yes, in fact I've made a few Stylish themes of my own for Toodledo. I really liked "Toodledo Me Too" (vertical tab theme) but after some site updates last year it didn't handle them very well.

Comment

How did you get on with Toodledo?

Comment

Did you see the new Toodledo?

Recently they update the website and it is now quicker and more efficient, at least for me.

Then I sync it with Ultimate To Do list on my android

Comment

Try "Remember The Milk" and Google Apps

I am a fan of Remember The Milk (rememberthemilk.com) for list/task management, Google Calendar for Cal functions, Google Docs for storage/reference and a legal pad for capture.

The RTM "Pro" version (which allows syncing to your iOS devices) costs $25 a year, but I have found it to be well worth the investment. Google has their "Tasks" feature, but I find them very limited.

Comment

Not sure if anyone mentioned Omnifocus or Things?

Sadly not on a PC though! but both work spectacularly on Macs, iPads and iPhones with no clunky or glitches...maybe time to change your hardware!

Cheers
                Andy

Comment

I tried it, it didn't work

Originally posted by gilcintron View Post
                  I am a fan of Remember The Milk (rememberthemilk.com) for list/task management, Google Calendar for Cal functions, Google Docs for storage/reference and a legal pad for capture.

The RTM "Pro" version (which allows syncing to your iOS devices) costs $25 a year, but I have found it to be well worth the investment. Google has their "Tasks" feature, but I find them very limited.
                  I did try this but found it did not work well. Using their MilkSync I did see my Outlook tasks on my iPhone and iPad, but they almost immediately fell out of sync. Checking a task off in one place did not update elsewhere, etc. Manually resyncing did not solve the issue. They have an option to dump everything and start over, but it assumes that RTM is the master and Outlook is just a copy. There's no way to tell it "dump the RTM data and take a fresh copy from Outlook".

I was disappointed. I liked the UI for RTM, but if it's not 100% reliable it can't be a "trusted system" for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X