Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would love a tool that syncs with my iPhone, I have a pc, what would you recommend?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would love a tool that syncs with my iPhone, I have a pc, what would you recommend?

I am currently researching the best tools to use in setting up my GTD system. I'm a big computer geek, so I definitely want to go with something digital.

Something web-based would be best, so that if I'm not at my computer, I can access my info from another computer.

I am a big Gmail and Google Apps user.

What would you recommend?

Toodledo

I would definetly recommend Toodledo. I am fairly new GTD'r but I have set up Toodledo so it's working for me online on my Iphone 4 and my Ipad. All sync togethor really well.

Hope that helps?

Comment

Try the Free Trial on Nozbe

I have been using the paid Nozbe for 6 months on pc and IPhone. It's great and the latest development with labels allows areas of focus. Sync has NEVER failed. Dean

Comment

Originally posted by Dean33 View Post
        I have been using the paid Nozbe for 6 months on pc and IPhone. It's great and the latest development with labels allows areas of focus. Sync has NEVER failed. Dean
        Ok, cool. I don't know much about Nozbe, but I've heard people are using Nozbe AND Evernote together. Are you using Nozbe by itself and finding it sufficient?

Any reason you chose Nozbe over Toodledo, which is what I'm looking into right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S View Post
          I would definetly recommend Toodledo. I am fairly new GTD'r but I have set up Toodledo so it's working for me online on my Iphone 4 and my Ipad. All sync togethor really well.

Hope that helps?

Great, thank you. I've just got it set up and am starting to input my projects.

Comment

Toodledo with Appigo Todo

I'm also using Toodledo. It's very flexible so you can create a nicely tailored solutoin.

I tried Toodledo's iPhone app but prefer to use Appigo Todo which also syncs with the Toodledo service.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaklePrincess View Post
              Great, thank you. I've just got it set up and am starting to input my projects.
              Excellent , post up how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean33 View Post
                I can not recommend Nozbe at the Moment - They have to do some work under the hood to make it professional - The backup-fuctionality is a real mess compared to toodledo. In Nozbe you get a text-File including not all information you have in your account - I once messed up my account and felt on the safe side because I had a backup but it took me hours to be there where I was when I made the backup.

In Toodledo you get an XML-File really including everything form your tasks - I once made a failure in configuring a third-party-app syncing with toodledo and lost a lot - I loaded my last backup and everything was back .

Nozbe would be a wonderful tool but I do not see much progress regarding some important functionlity - and this backup-topic has been around in the forums for a long time.

For that the Price-Tag is too high

Comment

Originally posted by PeterW View Post
                  I'm also using Toodledo. It's very flexible so you can create a nicely tailored solutoin.

I tried Toodledo's iPhone app but prefer to use Appigo Todo which also syncs with the Toodledo service.
                  Why do you prefer Appigo over the Toodledo iPhone App? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug S View Post
                    Excellent , post up how you get on.

I will certainly keep you posted! Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by mapapo View Post
                      I can not recommend Nozbe at the Moment - They have to do some work under the hood to make it professional - The backup-fuctionality is a real mess compared to toodledo. In Nozbe you get a text-File including not all information you have in your account - I once messed up my account and felt on the safe side because I had a backup but it took me hours to be there where I was when I made the backup.

In Toodledo you get an XML-File really including everything form your tasks - I once made a failure in configuring a third-party-app syncing with toodledo and lost a lot - I loaded my last backup and everything was back .

Nozbe would be a wonderful tool but I do not see much progress regarding some important functionlity - and this backup-topic has been around in the forums for a long time.

For that the Price-Tag is too high
                      This is really invaluable information. Thanks much for pointing these issues out - that saves me a lot of time!

Comment

I am currently researching the best tools to use in setting up my GTD system. I'm a big computer geek, so I definitely want to go with something digital.

Something web-based would be best, so that if I'm not at my computer, I can access my info from another computer.

I am a big Gmail and Google Apps user.

What would you recommend?
                        I use Pocket Informant on my iPhone ($10). It syncs with google calendar and toodledo, both free. I recommend using the toodledo task mode vice GTD task mode for this application. Pocket Informant also has a free version to try out.

Comment

Originally posted by dfinke View Post
                          I use Pocket Informant on my iPhone ($10). It syncs with google calendar and toodledo, both free. I recommend using the toodledo task mode vice GTD task mode for this application. Pocket Informant also has a free version to try out.
                          Why do you like the toodledo mode vs. GTD on PI?

I also use Pocket Informant, Google, and Toodledo. They work well together.

Comment

Why do you prefer Appigo over the Toodledo iPhone App? Thanks!
                            Hi,

It's really down to usability - Appigo's interface is a really good implementation for the iPhone. Toodledo's is just clunky, especially when you look at how the handle projects (parent tasks/subtasks).

Comment

Originally posted by PeterW View Post
                              Hi,

It's really down to usability - Appigo's interface is a really good implementation for the iPhone. Toodledo's is just clunky, especially when you look at how the handle projects (parent tasks/subtasks).
                              Funny, it's Appigo Todo that I find unusable. It shows the project in all contexts for which there is a next action on the project, and you have to go inside the project to see the next action. The filtering system leads me astray. it doesn't support start dates. Sorting is anemic. The iPad version has a ridiculous paper notebook look. I could go on, but you get the idea. Each to his/her own, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X