Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

manage Project Support materials on Ipad

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manage Project Support materials on Ipad

Could you please advice an app to manage Project Support files on Ipad, I need something like Evernote only a little more flexible, for example I need folders and sub-folders (or tags and sub-tags) and not just flat lists (Evernote has sub-tags in desktop version but not in Ipad version AFAIK). I need to import files from desktop and I need offline access

i dont think there is an offering like this on the iPad

Comment

Originally posted by supergtdman View Post
      I need something like Evernote only a little more flexible, for example I need folders and sub-folders (or tags and sub-tags) and not just flat lists (Evernote has sub-tags in desktop version but not in Ipad version AFAIK). I need to import files from desktop and I need offline access
      DEVONThink will do all that. I run it on my Mac and my iPod Touch. Sync is not the easiest to get working (new sync code being worked on) but once you get it stable it's great from organizing masses of information.

Comment

OneNote?

What do you use as a desktop computer? Mac or PC? In case of PC I would recommend to use Microsoft OneNote on it and either the official OneNote app for iPad or the MobileNoter which is a 3rd party app for the same purpose: sync your OneNote data to your iPad. To tell the truth I don't have an iPad so can't tell for sure which is better. OneNote also integrates to Outlook smoothly. Search on GTDtimes for an article on it.
        Tamas

Comment

Originally posted by supergtdman

Omnifocus(don't have a mac but I don't really think it matters in this case because there are only actions and projects and not something like files and documents).
          I also have OmniFocus on iPad and no Mac. I find it works well. But I think and hope that Omnigroup recognizes that the iPad is an appendage of the Mac for only a fraction of their customers. I hope they recognize that the iPad is a separate entity from the Mac and that there are a lot of users of other computers, soon even some who use the iPad almost exclusively, who need to be supported

Comment

DEVONThink

[QUOTE=supergtdman;91366]I'm not really asking for too much am I?/QUOTE]

DEVONThink does everything in your list. You can download and try it out first too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Oogiem;91369]
              Originally posted by supergtdman
              I'm not really asking for too much am I?/QUOTE]

DEVONThink does everything in your list. You can download and try it out first too.
              Thanks, I know it's an option but then I need to also buy a Mac... I'm considering it though. I'd prefer win solution though but it looks like some of the the best productivity tools are for Mac only
              Last edited by supergtdman; 09-01-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supergtdman View Post
                I know it's an option but then I need to also buy a Mac...
                You can use DEVON without the Mac app, not quite as effectively but it does work. Then again, switching to a Mac might also be the best option. However I'm not the one to talk to, I've had macs since the very beginning and I hate Windows with a passion, no Microsoft stuff on my computer at all now.

Comment

use plaintext and dropbox

unlimited functionality

keep notes/memos/ref material in flat text files

structure folders any way you like

not tied to a proprietary offering as they are text files

access your dropbox folder from web, mac, windows, iphone, ipad
                  using favourite text editor

job done

Comment

Working...
                  X