• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

No announcement yet.

Exchange server / Outlook Web Access ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange server / Outlook Web Access ?

Does anyone know if the GTD Outlook Add-In can be used with Exchange server / Outlook Web Access ?

I don't have the add-in functionality

I have the GTD add-in because I have Outlook (the full client) at work where things are kept on the Exchange server (no PST). It works nicely on Outlook, however I do not see the add-in if I use OWA (using OWA 2000/XP not 2003). I can look in the folders that the add-in puts in (@Action, @Calls, etc.) and I can see the tasks, but the new views are inaccessible to me. The new fields (Project, Action) are not available. I can't say for certain it's unavailable; when I use OWA, I'm on a Mac, generally using Safari, though sometimes using MSIE.

Related: Our IT dept has made Outlook 2000 accessible via Citrix. The add-in is not visible nor my new fields, but my GTD views are visible, so I can manually drag an email to task list then drag a task to the action and project so that they are placed in context

The add in only works locally at the client level. To work with Citrix it would need to be loaded on the Citrix server.

I'm using Outlook Web Access 2003 (with Exchange 2003 SP2), and I can use the Getting Things Done views.

The views are moved up to your account on the Exchange folder so they will be visible on the website.

The toolbar is a local installation. It will not be seen on the website. There is now way for the GTD toolbar (or any toolbar for that matter) to been seen in OWA.