Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What mobile list manager do you use?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What mobile list manager do you use?

We'd love to know what you are finding useful out there to manage your GTD lists on your mobile device. Please take the poll!
    iOS Reminders to Outlook
    3.13%
    iOS Reminders to iCloud
    4.17%
    Toodledo
    10.76%
    Toodledo cloud with different client (e.g. ToDo)
    7.99%
    Things
    6.60%
    ToDo
    0.69%
    Wunderlist
    2.43%
    Remember The Milk
    6.25%
    Nozbe
    3.47%
    Doit.im
    1.74%
    Asana
    1.04%
    Basecamp
    0.69%
    Teambox
    0.00%
    Podio
    0.00%
    Omnifocus
    25.69%
    Other (please specify as a reply post)
    25.35%

Working on Doit and Nirvana

Originally posted by kelstarrising View Post
    We'd love to know what you are finding useful out there to manage your GTD lists on your mobile device. Please take the poll!
    Working at Doit and Nirvana, both of which are specific to GTD as opposed to just general task/list apps. I only need Android and PC capability, no need for mac products or a tablet, so my requirements are not as extensive as a lot of people on this forum.
    I wish David Allen Co would take the plunge and develop its own app / software, though I know that's a very different business from your primary focus.

Comment

ToDo Exchange

Originally posted by kelstarrising View Post
      Finally...a straightforward iPhone task list that syncs with my Exchange server. I've been using it for a few days now and love it! I use Outlook at work.

Comment

Google Tasks and Google Docs

Hey -

Keep many of my day-to-day lists in Google Tasks since I use google mail as my primary email and its the easiest way to track and links with Google calendar. I use a google doc spreadsheet for projects and other higher levels lists as well as my lists for individual people.

For me it works great for work and a bit less well for home but am working on that.

Katy

Comment

HP iPAQ 111 Tasks application synchronized with MS Outlook 2010.

Comment

Iqtell

Have been trying out IQTELL for a couple of months. It's web based and really configurable. So it can be as complex or as simple as you need it to be. I'm really enjoying it.

Comment

Help this newbie

I need the easiest format for a GTD app as I'm forgetful, can't focus, easily distracted and new to the system. What is suggested for a beginner?

Comment

I clicked on Things above

But I also use that in combination with Pocket Informant on my iPhone

I use Pocket Informant for the calendar and contacts and Things for my next actions.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaoticK View Post
                  I need the easiest format for a GTD app as I'm forgetful, can't focus, easily distracted and new to the system. What is suggested for a beginner?
                  Paper is often a good choice. If you want advice on digital tools, you need to say what platforms you are using now, if any.

Comment

Evernote!

I use Evernote as my main GTD system now and, once I got to the 4th or 5th configuration, I've that it is perfect for on the go as well.

Comment

I use Bonsai outliner on my Palms (I switch between a T|3 and a TX) synched with the Windows desktop version.

Mike

Comment

Springpad...

it seems to work well enough. It's a great place to keep reference material... but a little cumbersome to compose a list on my phone. much easy on the desktop. Its web based and one time their server went "tits up" for two days... and i was unable to access it for the entire time it was out. Definitely a downside. It's free and now that they fixed the "online only" part it's my go to application.

I also use Colornote (for android) as a quick way to jot down a few things. Its only a phone app.

Comment

Still some missing

I am a big fan of The Hit List, both on the Mac side and very soon, on the iPhone side, as I attempt to migrate from BlackBerry to iPhone 5, when my device arrives.

THL is really slick, does everything I need, has a very intuitive dashboard and entry system, and IMHO, runs circles around the other confusing interfaces of tools like DevonThink, Things and similar apps.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed:

http://www.potionfactory.com/thehitlist/

Comment

Originally posted by hacker View Post
                            I am a big fan of The Hit List, both on the Mac side and very soon, on the iPhone side, as I attempt to migrate from BlackBerry to iPhone 5, when my device arrives.

THL is really slick, does everything I need, has a very intuitive dashboard and entry system, and IMHO, runs circles around the other confusing interfaces of tools like DevonThink, Things and similar apps.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed:

http://www.potionfactory.com/thehitlist/
                            I actually found The Hit List to be non-intuitive, and prefer both Things and OmniFocus to it. It's one of the programs I stopped testing after entering only a few test items. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Comment

GQueues

It is not available as a native app on any platform, but their mobile site works very well from my Android phone. I like to use my PC to add and organize tasks, because of the larger screen and actual keyboard. If perchance I am totally offline, the mobile version will still allow me to see my tasks, and if I make any changes, they will sync up when I am next online.

GQueues can integrate with Google Calendar, but I choose not to do that.

Why I like most about it is that it has a very clean look, so I can focus on my information instead of the pretty screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X