Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can anyone let me know what is the best Outlook add on out there?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone let me know what is the best Outlook add on out there??

Can anyone let me know what is the best Outlook add on out there for the Getting Things Done program??

GTD & Outloook

I used the GTD & Outlook setup guide (available in the Connect Setup Guides) and it's worked well for me. What really makes it functional for collecting (a.k.a. removing resistance) are hot-keys to pop up a new tasks dialog for quick capture. Outlook has it's own built-in shortcut that works if Outlook is running and is the active program. I've set up Launchy (which is a great efficiency enhancer on Windows for many other reasons) that will pop the new tasks dialog anytime.
    So, I get a new thought, hit a couple of quick keystrokes and it's recorded in Outlook (& categorized too if I want to process at the same time)

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Boxy07 View Post
      Can anyone let me know what is the best Outlook add on out there for the Getting Things Done program??
      When I was first starting out with GTD, I used the Outlook setup guide from davidco even though I was not using Outlook for GTD (and have never used it). There is a GTD add-on for Outlook from netcentrics that some people use, especially for its email functionality. However, I think it makes sense to start from the Outlook setup guide, which is very clear and easy to implement.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxy07 View Post
        I would also recommend either using the native Outlook features and getting the GTD & Outlook Setup Guide: https://secure.davidco.com/store/cat...-p-1-c-263.php

or,

getting the Netcentrics GTD® Outlook® Add-in, which will configure Outlook significantly. I would only recommend this option if you are solid in your GTD practice and with Outlook. https://gtdsupport.netcentrics.com/buy/indexd.php

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone!! : )

I will have a look at the links as suggested above and see how I go with implementing the e-mail GTD process!! Once again, thanks!! : )

Comment

Working...
          X