Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Has anyone gone "All Digital?" Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost entirely digital

Originally posted by apastuszak View Post
    My office is being converted to "flex workspace."

What this means is that I will be expected to work from home at least 2 days a week, and when I do come into the office, I will have to sign into a system and be given a new random desk each day.

Well, with a setup like this, keeping paper anything is next to impossible.

I need a digital tickler file, digital reference, digital everything, since I no longer will even have a file cabinet to store any paperwork.

Other than list managers, what are people using for things such as tickler files, and reference? Is there a scanner you use to scan in any real paperwork you need to maintain?
    I'm using DEVONthink for reference, Omnifocus for tickler and my favorite Fujitsu scansnap document scanner.

Comment

I'm More Than 90% Digital

I would consider my self 95 percent paperless. Things remain in paper form only long enough for me to get them into my digital system or, on the rare occasion, I decide they should be kept as paper. I operate with an iPhone 5, Omnifocus, and Evernote. My iPhone 5 with Siri configured to automatically add things to my Omnifocus inbox is my major capture tool, but I can also launch Omnifocus and enter things via the keyboard immediately. I do have a GTD notetaker wallet that I use sometimes, but not that much. Omnifocus is my project and task manager and Evernote is my filing cabinet. Using my Scansnap as part of my weekly process I can make the paper go away pretty quickly.

Its working great for me and I love that I don't have to physically look for things. Evernote makes everything searchable and Omnifocus is great.

Comment

If only I could use Omnifocus

I am a huge Mac fan, but we have only Windows machines at work.

And as much as I love the Mac, I am not a huge fan of iOS. I have a Galaxy Nexus phone and a Nexus 10 tablet.

Comment

Paperless

I am all digital - use an iphone and an ipad to run the business. I have a couple of kids and would find myself working from home without notice - this allows me to keep working files with me at all times. Acrhive what I dont need in dropbox. Still like to write so I have a thin filofax for notes.

Comment

Barring any security issues from your office: I use the 1300 scan snap which might be helpful to you since it is small and designed to be portable.

I would scan everything into Evernote, and use folder just like in your file cabinet. If you like you could make the whole 43 folder, tickler file for Evernote. OR you could use: http://www.followupthen.com/

If there are security issues, then you need to have an open and honest talk with your bosses about whether both these things can exist: not having an in office storage space and whatever level of security you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Candid View Post
              Barring any security issues from your office: I use the 1300 scan snap which might be helpful to you since it is small and designed to be portable.

I would scan everything into Evernote, and use folder just like in your file cabinet. If you like you could make the whole 43 folder, tickler file for Evernote. OR you could use: http://www.followupthen.com/

If there are security issues, then you need to have an open and honest talk with your bosses about whether both these things can exist: not having an in office storage space and whatever level of security you have.
              I'm sure there are security concerns with using Evernote, but I know at least 2 of our security guys use it, and the Bring Your Own Device survey I did specifically asked how important Evernote access was to me.

I just found out there is a app for Android which will take a picture directly to PDF. That might be worth looking at.

Comment

Full disclosure: This is my first post on forum and I am developer behind Voogla application I am mentioning and I will have financially benefit from others using this application. Administrator reserves rights to remove this post if it's against the forum rules.

mcogilvie
                I use Simplenotes for project support notes.
                Suelin23
                I use OneNote a lot for keeping track of all my project support and reference info.
                You can use www.voogla.com for project support notes.

For going all digital, Evernote is likely the most complete solution at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                X