Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

From SMS to Evernote

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
    What goes on automatically? According to http://www.mysms.com/en/faq/faqmessenger:

Correct me if I'm wrong: on iPhone mysms is just yet another closed messaging system not connected to real SMS communication channel.
    I don't know how it works on the iPhone but on android it sends and receives carrier messages just fine and I know of no one in my correspondence who is using this app. So NO it's not a closed systems.

And no offense but you seem to by hypothesizing about the app too much; if you use evernote and need a way to get your SMSs to evernote try it out; if it sucks delete it. Easy and simple.

Frankly if evernote develops an add-on that let's me save SMS directly to the app I'd use it instead. Till then mysms appears to be the most convenient tool for this purpose.

That said, I frankly haven't tried sending SMSs to my evernote email; just didn't occur to me so it sounds worth testing; though I assume I would still need that extra step of selecting then emailing, which I currently don't need to with mysms

Comment

And I assume, if I were to use it mainly as a general backup/archive, that I would not even have to send anything at all to Evernote - mysms has its own web app, where I could probably find old messages. Or am I wrong?

I wo der what happens with iMessage if you use mysms? Will it still be free to text other iphone users (if they do not have mysms)?

Comment

Works on Android and does not have full functionality on iPhone.

Originally posted by mak2011 View Post
        And no offense but you seem to by hypothesizing about the app too much; if you use evernote and need a way to get your SMSs to evernote try it out; if it sucks delete it. Easy and simple.
        Oh, I didn't know that quoting the official Frequently Asked Questions document provided by the app developer is "hypothesizing" in English.

My point is that it probably works on Android and does not have full functionality on iPhone because of Apple rules.

Comment

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
          Oh, I didn't know that quoting the official Frequently Asked Questions document provided by the app developer is "hypothesizing" in English.

My point is that it probably works on Android and does not have full functionality on iPhone because of Apple rules.
          Well, I'll have to concede on this one; it does seem to be more fit for Androind than for iPhones. Also there iPad version is not free!

So far its biggest strength is that it automatically forwards your messages to your evernote account, making processing SMSs a bit more easier. Frankly almost anything that can be automated is a plus. I haven't yet tried to use it for any other purpose.

Comment

Working...
          X