Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another "which software is best" Post...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Folke View Post
    I have yet to see an app that maintains a clear difference between such dates and true appointments.
    I don't use it myself but Omnifocus can be set to put it's dates on a separate calendar, which achieves that separation obviously. I use separate calendars for classes of tasks.

Comment

Iqtell

Take a look at IQTELL, a task/project front-end for Evernote. Pretty effective email management, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hossinn View Post
        Haha, it kinda feels a little bit like brain surgery!
        I hope I didn't sound as though I was belittling you. I sympathize with your struggles and have had similar ones.

But unlike with brain surgery, the costs of a mistake while learning GTD are minimal in the grand scheme of things. That's why I'd urge you to take some of the pressure off of yourself.

Rather than framing things in terms of trying to avoid failure, try instead to see each step in the process for what it is: a net positive. Each thing you learn along the way will help you increase your skills.

"The point of the journey - is not to arrive."
        - From the song "Prime Mover" by Rush

Comment

Software ideas

Regarding the three softwares listed in the original post: outlook, evernote, and toodledo--when I first got started with GTD, I tried to follow The Secret Weapon system where my "next actions" were individual notes in Evernote, tagged with their respective project names, and tags for "next action" "waiting" etc. and then later tagged as "completed" when they were done. That worked pretty well for a while, until I ended up with hundreds and hundreds of notes because I'm managing multiple projects at home, work, church, etc.

I finally had to stop with the individual notes because I found that a search for important reference information was turning up too many false hits in the form of these completed notes.

So now I use Toodledo for my next actions and waiting items and I use "folders" in toodledo to match the project tags in Evernote. Once a week, I export the Toodledo "current tasks" and the "completed tasks" as .csv files and store these lists in Evernote. In another thread I described how I'm not entirely satisfied with how my completed toodledo items aren't really matched back to my various projects, but I'm still mulling that over.

Comment

Originally posted by greenmug View Post
            I finally had to stop with the individual notes because I found that a search for important reference information was turning up too many false hits in the form of these completed notes.
            There's nothing wrong with what you've chosen to do, but are you aware that you can limit your searches in Evernote to specific notebooks and notebook stacks? I simply keep all of my actionable information and non-actionable information in completely different notebooks and stacks, so I don't have the issue of "false positives" when I search for reference info.

Comment

Hi! I am new too but found a cool little free online service called IQTell. it suits me fine both in the implementation of GTD and as an email client. It also has evernote support and thats nice. Being in sales my self I found the simple 'in basket' envelope in my briefcase and plain little notebook with pen the best for me. I just spend 15 minutes at night to clear my briefcase inbox and 30' in the morning to organise my actions and email...and i'm done! Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
              X