Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OneNote SP1 is now available Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OneNote SP1 is now available

Microsoft has released a number of Office 2003 updates today. The most exciting (well, for me anyway) is the release of OneNote SP1. There are also Service Pack 1 releases for the Office 2003 Suite, Visio 2003, and Project 2003.

Interestingly, Microsoft is offering two different downloads for each SP1 release - a full installer (big) and a special installer for those who have their original installation CD at hand (much smaller).

Go to the Office Update web site to determine which updates are available for your system.

Power Toys for OneNote SP1 released

Two Power Toys for OneNote SP1 have been posted.

IE to OneNote: Use the Send to OneNote from Internet Explorer PowerToy to send the contents of a Web page from Microsoft Internet Explorer to a new page in Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) with the click of a button.

Outlook to OneNote: Use the Send to OneNote from Outlook PowerToy to send e-mail messages to a Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) page from Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 with the click of a button.

They should also be available here shortly (this page is supposed to be working Real Soon Now):

http://www.microsoft.com/office/onenote/powertoys

Comment

I was able to install the IE to OneNote tool, but had problems with the Outlook to OneNote tool. I downloaded and ran the .exe file with no apparent problems, but when I ran Outlook after that, the Windows installer runs, and asks for a file called "Send to OneNote from Outlook.msi," which I can't find anywhere. Any suggestions?

Also, it just occurred to me that I'm installing both tools on my laptop (at the moment), and I believe I'm running Outlook 2002 on the laptop -- is Outlook 2003 required for this tool? Maybe that's the problem. Rats.

Well, I have Outlook 2003 somewhere, so I may have to upgrade . . .

Randy Stokes
      randystokes@cox.net

Comment

Randy, I have the same problem on my laptop. I have Outlook2003 running, .NET 1.1, but I didn't have the .NET Programmability Support installed for Outlook. Once I did that, when I get the error about the .msi file I clicked OK anyway. It errors out again so I cancelled the installation and now I have the toolbar and functionality for sending emails to OneNote. Very nice. They do have to fix the install though.

Phil R.

Comment

The installer is problematic

There have been a number of reports about problems with the OneNote to Outlook installer. I had exactly the same experience on my system. But, after canceling my way out of the installer, the add-in works fine.

Comment

Well, I tried installing the Outlook to OneNote powertoy on my home desktop computer, with no luck. I'm running Outlook 2003 at home, and have the .NET 1.1 installed. I run the installer, then open Outlook and the installer runs again. It asks for the OneNote from Outlook .msi file, and I cancel out (several times), and still never see the toolbar others have mentioned, or any other indication the installation succeeded.

Any more suggestions?

Randy Stokes
            randystokes@cox.net

Comment

And the Internet Explorer to OneNote tool isn't working for me either! I click on the button in the toolbar, and get a message box telling me something like "Sorry. Unable to create the page . . . Destination section may be read only or there may be some other reason." I've fiddled a bunch with the limited settings, and nothing changes that result.

Any help on this?

Randy Stokes
              randystokes@cox.net

Comment

OK, I've got the Internet Explorer powertoy working properly now, but still can't get the Outlook powertoy installed/working.

Randy Stokes
                randystokes@cox.net

Comment

It's a silly problem... they could fit it in 5 minutes, but here is a work around:

Use an archive extractor such as WinZip and extract the .msi file. Then, point the installer there. Should work like a charm.

Comment

Working...
                  X