Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the clipboard a capture tool for you?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the clipboard a capture tool for you?

I've written a review of ClipMate, an excellent tool that extends the Windows clipboard into another capture tool for my GTD workflow. The full review is on my Marc's Outlook blog.

Have any of you approached the clipboard as a capture tool? Do you use a clipboard manager program?

I'm including a poll here to get a sense of what tools forum members prefer.

I am a big ClipMate fan. I use it everyday as a data collection tool and for speeding up my access needs to data I have deemed to be important to me.

Steve

Comment

Interesting...

Steve:

It sounds as though you're using ClipMate for long-term filing and access. What sort of information do you find yourself storing and organizing?

Comment

Re: Interesting...

Originally posted by mochant
        Steve: It sounds as though you're using ClipMate for long-term filing and access. What sort of information do you find yourself storing and organizing?
        My "folders are":
        Inbox
        Temp Newsletter Editing
        Contacts
        Tips
        Politics
        Tech Report News Blurbs
        Systems Architecture
        Machine Names
        Critical Message Links
        Codes
        Inspirations
        Key Information
        Pictures
        URLs
        TypePad
        Travel

Typically once a day I go thorugh my Inbox and move stuff that needs to go into the other folders or into Outlook. At least every three months I go through all the folders and make sure that stuff that is in there needs to stay or be moved to Outlook or my file system.

Steve

Comment

I'm doing a similar thing

Steve:

This is very much how I'm using ClipMate. The only difference is that I've added a ClipMate review to my weekly review to purge/move/categorize items.

Thnaks for sharing your folder hierarchy. I've kept mine a little simpler:

Inbox (default)
          Web
          PR
          Industry
          Internal (work-related)
          Blogs
          Read/Review
          Passwords (encrypted of course)

Comment

Working...
          X