Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Touch typing software?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Touch typing software?

Hi All,

After reading the GTD book more, I was convicted of my need to inprove my typing skills. I watched my new department chairman type in his internet password without looking at the keyboard. I thought, "Wow, if I could do that, my life would go so much faster."

For example, I hit the backspace key at least 20 times typing this.

Help!

Thanks!!!

jOE (See what I mnean???)

Fortunately, I learned how to type without looking at the keyboard in highschool. I can definitely sympathize with your plight, though, because I could certainly make more use of keyboard and other shortcuts. You might want to take a look at the following web site:

http://www.mavisbeacon.com/

Comment

Typing Software

Jason wrote about typing software in his blog:
      Time doing what?

There is a free on-line test/exercise at TypingMaster so you can check your speed. Sometimes when I get too bound up in work, I go there just to do the test a time or two. Somehow, focusing on that test releases some of the work stress, and I can go back to my task with a freed-up mind.

Carolyn

Comment

Mavis Beacon

I used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing when I was a kid, and it is an amazing program. I got such a kick out of it when David mentioned it (was that in his book or on the CD?). I would highly recommend checking it out if you want to increase your typing speed.

Comment

Re: Mavis Beacon

Originally posted by ameasha
          I used Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing when I was a kid, and it is an amazing program. I got such a kick out of it when David mentioned it (was that in his book or on the CD?). I would highly recommend checking it out if you want to increase your typing speed.
          I agree.

Ten years ago, Mavis Beacon was perfect.

Now, I assume it must be even better.

Comment

Working...
          X