Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indexing Quotations

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing Quotations

Can anybody point me to a simple (software) solution for storing and indexing quotations?
    I regularly preserve interesting quotes in my reading and either in my writing or public speaking, I would like to draw up sub-sets of my quotations list according to a keyword or phrase. I can't believe I'm the only with this problem.
    I'd be grateful for any tips or suggestions.

Indexing stored documents

I have started using a search tool called Filehand that creates an index of the folders you tell it to and allows you to search your documents much like you would search Google. Results are displayed by relevence. I have started scanning reference documents and using Acrobat for the OCR recognition. It is VERY cool and has come in quite handy when I need to find something fast. Go to www.filehand.com. Best of all: they now offer the basic version for FREE!
    Phil

Comment

Indexing Quotations

Thanks, Phil.

I'll give it a try and let you know how I get on.

Patrick

Comment

On the Mac, there is "Notebook", by Circus Ponies.

Each "notebook" that you create with the program has an index of all text in the back.

http://circusponies.com

Comment

Mac Software

Sadly I'm a Windows user.

Comment

Have a look at TakeNote! Comes for both Mac or Win Platforms. Can be found here:
            http://store.yahoo.net/takenote/index.html

Comment

TakeNote!

Thanks for the tip. I've purchased a copy. I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
              X