Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackberry Advice!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackberry Advice!

I am a Palm User as well as my wife. She use a plain vanilla aproach and her palm to read. I was thinking in giving her a Blackberry, since I want to keep the Nextel Plans we have.

I beleive she will use a lot of email after she got a blackberry and that is one of the reasons I am thinking in one, but also I know that she used ereader and excell as well as I know she has a lot of notes.

Any of the users or ex-users of the Blackberry can give me some recomendation...

thanks a lot

I seriously doubt she will give up her palm if you get a Blackberry. Especially if she reads a lot of ebooks or uses excel extensively. Ecell is an alternative for Excel on the BB but there is not a good, easy to use, ebook reader. I have a BB but use it for email and wireless calendar sync with work only. My PPC is the device of choice with Agenda Fusion to manage GTD

Comment

I have the custom of never say thanks after somebody reply a pst (try to avoid unnecesary messages, maybe because of the amount of email). Anyway thanks for your answer.

Does anybody knows a ebook reader for the crackberry.

My wife is getting the blackberry and I am thinking in one too, we can keep our palms in order to read at night, but I will like to know if I can have the posibility to read ebboks...

thanks

Comment

There is a program called Rimreader but it's basically a cut and paste type that doesn't do full ebooks very well. If it wasn't for ebooks, and audible books I would probably be able to do without my PPC and stick to just the Blackberry. I can get audible books on my ipod but am spoiled with reading ebooks in bed also at night. I really like my Blackberry 7290 and have gotten a lot more done lately by using it instead of playing with my PPC all the time. The categories capability really makes it usable with GTD.

Comment

Wait until March and get her a SmartPhone Instead

I too am a Nextel user and considered the BlackBerry. But because its primary focus is email and not necessarily being a PDA I passed in favor of the upcoming PDA phone in March.

The i930 is a PocketPC Smartphone which will also be a dictation device.

Here's some sneak peaks:
          http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/fo...pic.php?t=4165

Comment

Working...
          X