Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple E-Mail Accounts Problem!!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple E-Mail Accounts Problem!!

I have 2 E-Mail accounts set up in my Outlook 2003 and I have one set up as the default. But it is not always the default!!

For example, lets say my first one is XXX@.com, and that is the one I want to use and is my default. Then my Old e-mail that I am phasing out is yyy@.com and I don't want to use it but need to receive e-mail from clients.

If I receive an e-mail from someone from my new account xxx@.com and click reply it should reply with the same e-mail but it doesn't it reverts back to the old one evernthough it's the default?

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to receive the old e-mail messages but not send them? Can I set it up to always use the new e-mail every time....

Thank you so much in advance for helping me avoid a migraine!!

Originally posted by jensnyder
    I have 2 E-Mail accounts set up in my Outlook 2003 and I have one set up as the default. But it is not always the default!!

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to receive the old e-mail messages but not send them? Can I set it up to always use the new e-mail every time....
    Look for a menu labeled "Accounts" in the toolbar of reply (and new) messages you create which should permit you to select which account you want the message to be sent from.

Comment

Or try forwarding from YYY to XXX ...

Here's what I do. My current email is a YAHOO acct, but I keep the ATT acct I've had forever because it was an early email that many many many people I have known and worked with and whom I would like to still be able to find me use. So I have my ATT emails forward to YAHOO -- then, when they come into OUTLOOK, they're all routing from YAHOO, so when I hit reply, the reply addy is YAHOO.

Comment

Thank you, THank you, Thank you!!!

SKL- thank you very much for the forwarding advice. I didn't even think about that. And Ta-da it solved all my problems. And I won't miss an e-mail!!!

Sometimes it takes someone else to opn my eyes

Comment

Issue with Outlook 2003 SP1...

I have the following send problem with Outlook 2003 SP1:

I have 3 accounts setup: all POP3/SMTP (Cm, Cp and L.) When I select L for the send, it sends through Cp's account (complete with Cp's return address, server address, password, the whole 9).

So, I deleted Cp and re-tried the send. It sent through Cm.

I have noted that if I cc' L account when sending from it, then Outlook will send through L (accounting for our success in using 'Test Account Settings'.)

No hits on Microsoft's website nor many other forums

Tried the Authentication move, no avail.

Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
          X