Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sorting out loads of Notes Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting out loads of Notes

Ok not quite a GTD issue but I have recently started a new job which means I have loads of notes about products, software and people which I want to draw together and store in a sensible form electronically.

A few people have suggested a WIKI but I'd prefer something on a laptop without the hassles of running Apache etc.

I have thought of a mind mapping tool like Freemind but I was wondering what other people might suggest here ?

TIA

Mark

Well, if you like the idea of a wiki except for the overhead, there's the GTD TiddlyWiki - it's just an HTML file.
    Last edited by Avarweth; 06-21-2005, 05:54 AM.

Comment

That link doesn't seem to work ?

Comment

I should have checked that, sorry. Post has been corrected.

Comment

Having used both wikis and mindmapping, I'd use a wiki in this case. At least for me, mindmapping works better as a planning tool, but wikis work better as reference tools. It sounds like a reference tool is what you need.

There are lots of standalone wikis and wiki-like things that don't require a web server. I use Wikidpad (http://www.jhorman.org/wikidPad/), which I like because it stores its data in plain text files with logical names.

Katherine

Comment

Many thanks to both of you.

Just what I was looking for

Comment

One more suggestion for a personal WiKi is NoteStudio from DogMelon (http://www.dogmelon.com.au/ns/index.shtml). It is really, really great and has a Palm conduit for flawless synchronization. A few people have implemented GTD specifically with NoteStudio.

Comment

Working...
              X