Forum

  • If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Palm TX Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Palm TX

    Hi.

    I'm a GTD newbie and I'm thinking on purchasing a PDA. I'm considering the Palm TX and I have not found any references of it in this forum.

    Is the Treo the only one option for implementing GTD electronically? The OS in 700p is that different from TX's?

    If any one can give me some hints, whould appreciate.

    Thanks

    Rolando.-

  • #2
    The Palm TX and Treo 700p are both Palm based OS so you can implement GTD on either. The choice comes down to the feature set you want in a PDA and the price you are willing to pay.

    Also remember if you go the Treo 700p route, it only operates via the Verizon network. Later this year (i.e. 3rd or 4th qtr) Palm will roll out a Treo 750 model via the Cingular GPS network.

    As to using the PDA for GTD just search the forum for general Palm topics ... a lot of folks use it and have discussed their favorite add on's etc.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks!
      Treo is not an option because I want to start light. The Treo seems to big for me --to my pocket too
      Do you know of any discussion about implementing GTD from the Palm OS standpoint of view, I mean PalmOS vs Windows Mobile?
      My primary email client at work is Outlook and at home is GMail.

      Comment


      • #4
        Treo is a PDA+cell phone - but maybe paper?

        Originally posted by rpallares
        The Treo seems to big for me --to my pocket too
        Treo is a PDA+cell phone. It is smaller and lighter than TX + cell phone.

        But you do not need any electronic device to implement GTD. Just some index cards or notebook or some sheets of paper. And no requirements for batteries, charging, synchronization etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rpallares
          Thanks!
          Treo is not an option because I want to start light. The Treo seems to big for me --to my pocket too
          Do you know of any discussion about implementing GTD from the Palm OS standpoint of view, I mean PalmOS vs Windows Mobile?
          My primary email client at work is Outlook and at home is GMail.
          The Treo is not much bigger volume than a TX, if any, but does have a different shape from the TX. Also consider that you will want a case for the TX. I think it makes sense to consider screen size, keyboard vs. graffiti, et cetera, before making a decision. I use a TX, but I may switch to a phone/pda combo next time around.

          There has been much, much, much discussion of GTD on palms (you know there is a yahoo group, right?), some on windows mobile, and a bit on comparing the two. They both work for gtd, although I think the palm is easier to use out of the box. I think your work habits are key: what are you using now? Is it working for you? How would you like to work?

          Personally, I have spent very little time looking at Windows mobile pda's because I find them clunky, over-engineered and poor ergonomically. But YMMV.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mcogilvie
            The Treo is not much bigger volume than a TX, if any, but does have a different shape from the TX. Also consider that you will want a case for the TX. I think it makes sense to consider screen size, keyboard vs. graffiti, et cetera, before making a decision. I use a TX, but I may switch to a phone/pda combo next time around...
            Thanks for the feedback. I didnīt know about the yahoo group.

            Iīm not considering the Treo right now (either Palm or Windows Mobile) because my cell phone provider does not have them (I donīt live in the states). Iīm aware that Iīll have to carry around two devices.

            I donīt use any PDA now and, as you put it, I have the feeling that the PalmOS is easier and simple than Windows Mobile.

            I think Iīll go for the TX but not sure yet...

            Thanks a lot

            Comment

            Working...
            X