Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

video on a palm?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video on a palm?

Is there a program that will play video clips on a palm? (or is the palm memory too small to hold the data?).

Thanks

Dave

Cpu

Palms just don't have the processor power to play videos.

Comment

Sorry, that is completely wrong

Palms have been able to show videos for many years. Check out Kinoma Player and other programs on Palmgear, for example (there are several others): http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=46904

Comment

Dave
        You may be able to play video's on your palm straight out of the box. Most Palms over the last couple of years have come with "palm media" which handles both photos and video's.

Check under preference and see if you have a multimedia sub group. Within that group you should have a 'pics&videos" icon. That's the magic bunny. On your PC you should also have a "videos to go" option. Apple users to do not get the the video to go item though do have a dropper that allows transference of videos from macs.

Comment

Thanks all

I don’t see a video icon on my palm, but I will goggle for appropriate software.

Dave

Comment

What's your Palm model?

Originally posted by Dave John View Post
            I don’t see a video icon on my palm, but I will goggle for appropriate software.
            Unfortunately you haven't specified your Palm model so you received the answers that - in my opinion - weren't very useful.

Comment

Interesting - I thought the responses ReBuild and MJR provided were spot on.

Comment

Thanks for the link MJR. Interesting reading there in the customer comments!

I’ve got a Zire 31: looks like Kinoma Player will be worth a look.

I also came across Tealmovie when I googled: haven’t explored it yet though…

Dave

Comment

Downloaded Kinoma Player last night; will download sample clips today.

Thanks

Dave

Comment

I hope it will work.

Originally posted by Dave John View Post
                    Downloaded Kinoma Player last night; will download sample clips today.
                    I hope the Zire 31 processor is powerful enough to handle video.

Comment

Video on Palm

I have a Palm TX and can play full length movies on my palm from my SD Card.

go to www.brighthand.com and search their forums for links on the software to convert movies to AVI files and reduce the size.

The core pocket media player plays movies very well - do a search for TCPMP for palm

Comment

It depends on which Palm you have.

I have a TX and use Pocket DIVX to reduce regular video to Palm Size.
                        http://www.pocketdivxencoder.net

To play the video the best option seems to be:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cor...t_Media_Player

Comment

Working...
                        X