Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal document management software

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal document management software

I'm looking for some type of personal document management software. I'm not really concerned with version control or check in / check out capabilities. Just something with a nice interface and keyword search capabilities. I'm currently evaluating Columbus, but I'm not quite sure how much I like it.

Any idea's?

Jason

document mgmt software

Check out PaperPort. My friend who turned me onto GTD has used it quite successfully for his legal offices.

Comment

After reading lots of positive comments, I tried out PowerMarks (http://www.kaylon.com/power.html) and also recommended it to a colleague. We both quite like it a lot. It is essentially a favorites/bookmarks manager with lightning fast keyword based retrieval and very practical user interface, but it can be used just as easily for files. My colleague references all files on his portable through it and is quite enthousiatic, recommending it to anyone who wants to hear.

I even read some posts where people developed ways to use it for referencing paper files (by using a sequential numbering scheme).

Hope this helps,

Marc.

Comment

askSam

askSam is also good for fast searches in large databases. I believe it can accept most document types and you can define the fields on the fly (I think -- been a while since I used it).

Comment

Document Management

There is a simple document version control, that can be used as a document manager.

www.smartversion.com

Info:
          SmartVersion is a tool for storing multiple versions of your files inside SmartVersion Files (SVF files). You may then send these SVF files to your end-users. Your end-users can use SmartVersion to extract the version they desire from the SVF files and update their product. You may also customize exactly which versions are delivered to your end-users.

SmartVersion uses intelligent compression and file comparison algorithms. Only the changes between the different product versions are stored in the SVF files. This eliminates redundant data in your SVF files and makes sure the patches you create for new versions of your products are as small as possible.

For some file's types (such as text file, HTML files, Word Processing files...), it takes a significant smaller disk space than compressing each version individually.

Comment

workflow project management software

I know one system with fully open source. It is DocumentLite.

It has many interesting new features, including a system for handling email documents. This system is simple and understandable.

You can see it here
            http://document-workflow-management.com

Comment

Working...
            X