Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
XML Spy equivalent? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML Spy equivalent?

XML Spy is costly. Does anyone know of a low-cost or open source equivalent?

hth

http://www.google.com/search?q=XML+IDE+open+source

Comment

Thanks, Cyberscribe. That's a lot to choose from, so I'm hoping for a specific recommendation from a user.

Comment

XML Notepad

Hi there,

There are tons of low-cost and costly alternatives... it all depends upon what you are interested in doing.

I've used XMLSpy and several similar, very robust tools, and I'm currently enjoying Microsoft's no-frills XML Notepad.

What are you planning on writing in XML?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenman View Post
          Hi there,

There are tons of low-cost and costly alternatives... it all depends upon what you are interested in doing.

I've used XMLSpy and several similar, very robust tools, and I'm currently enjoying Microsoft's no-frills XML Notepad.

What are you planning on writing in XML?
          Rosenman, many thanks for your suggestion. Planned use: text in a hierarchical (not relational) database, which can be manipulated and reconfigured in various ways for use in various print productions and also on a web site.

Comment

Working...
          X