Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is MindManager 7 a worthwhile upgrade?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is MindManager 7 a worthwhile upgrade?

I haven't been able to find anything on Mindjet's web site that can tell me what the new MindManager 7 could do for me that my MindManager 6 can't... at least not enough to make me consider an upgrade. I know a lot of folks here are MindManager users and I would appreciate learning from their experiences.

Of course, one thing that I've always wanted in MindManager is the ability to hyperlink a MindManager branch to a paragraph in OneNote (I'm using OneNote 2007). OneNote's a wonderful tool for collecting information and MindManager's a wonderful tool for bringing order to complexity. The ability to integrate the two would be powerful indeed, and since integration with the other Office apps has always been a strong attribute of MindManager, it puzzles me that they've overlooked this very obvious feature. I can't link MindManager 6 with OneNote. I don't know about version 7.

With a small (& free) add-ons for MM7 you can link MM & OneNote. I have found that MM7 is worth the upgrade especially if you have Office 2007

Dave

Comment

MM7 and OneNote

Dave,
      The version of the add-in I downloaded from MindJet Labs only worked with MM6 and is not working with MM7. Please share how you manage to have it working with MM7.

Ole

Comment

Thank you SalesDave

It works with my MM6. Perhaps not as "clean" as I would like. (Why can't I just enter a hyperlink in MM?). Nevertheless, it is interesting to see that I am not the only one who has been requesting MM-OneNote integration. Why hasn't Mindjet seen fit to do this?

But back to my original question, I still don't see what MM7 gives me that I don't already have with MM6.

Comment

My error. I had not used the add-in since I installed the upgrade. It does not work with MM7

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X