Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make Tickler in Outlook?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make Tickler in Outlook?

I am just setting up GTD. I understand the concept of Tickler file and how to setup a physical system. I'd like to also set one up for Outlook. Has anyone done this and could give me some tips? I don't think I want this to be in Tasks because it might also include email. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks

For tickler items, I add a new calendar item as an all day event.

Are you aware that for both calendar & task items, you can drag an email into the notes section of the task item, and then it is attached.

Good luck!

Comment

To follow-up on jmhutch's point, using the calendar this way is a valid tickler alternative, what I've heard called the "calendar + support file" technique. I wrote about it here, if you're interested:

Distinguishing Hard Landscape v. Deferred/Tickled Items
      http://www.davidco.com/forum/showpos...09&postcount=4

Comment

Originally posted by thorner1995 View Post
        I am just setting up GTD. I understand the concept of Tickler file and how to setup a physical system. I'd like to also set one up for Outlook. Has anyone done this and could give me some tips? I don't think I want this to be in Tasks because it might also include email. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        There are a number of options here. You say you don't want to use tasks, which is fine, but its trivial to drag the email to the tasks folder and create one with the text of the email and its subject.

Some people don't like this solution because responding to the email is part of what needs to be done and they don't want to search for it. You can actually drag the email, itself, into the notes section to attach a copy of it to the task. When the time comes, double click on the attachment and respond to the email if that's part of what you want to do.

Similar things can be done with calendar appointments.

Another option is to forward the email to yourself but schedule it to be sent on the day you want to be reminded. It will be stored in the outbox until the time comes.

Tom S.

Comment

Working...
        X