Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTDers' Choice Awards: Ubiquitous Capturing Device

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTDers' Choice Awards: Ubiquitous Capturing Device

The ultimate ubiquitous capturing device has the following qualities:

(1) You can take it with you anywhere
    (2) Its always with you
    (3) You begin writing immediately (less than 5 seconds)

With all the options out there Id like to know from others what their #1 choice is for ubiquitous capture. And Id prefer it came from those who have been using that collecting device/method for over a year.

Originally posted by Todd V View Post
    The ultimate ubiquitous capturing device has the following qualities:

(1) You can take it with you anywhere
    (2) Its always with you
    (3) You begin writing immediately (less than 5 seconds)

With all the options out there Id like to know from others what their #1 choice is for ubiquitous capture. And Id prefer it came from those who have been using that collecting device/method for over a year.
    (1) I know of no device which can be taken anywhere (swimming pool, shower, ...)
    (2) See 1. For specific requirements you need specific tools.

I use a Palm TX (fits [1-3] enough for me). While cycling with my racing bike I carry a Moleskine Cahier.
    I use this setup for more than 5 years (of course not the actual Palm).

Yours
    Alexander

Comment

---- Palm 750v ----

Comment

Not waterproof, but fits all the other requirements:

Small pack of 3x5 cards cut in half (so pack measures 2 1/2 x 3) held together with a mini binder clip, plus pencil stub or Pilot G2 mini.

Comment

NoteTaker wallet

Or generic version of the same thing. I'm never without my wallet, which also has credit cards, identification, and building-access cards in it. Because my wallet also has a pad of paper and pen in it, I'm never without a capture tool.

I've had mine for 3 years. I'm constantly amused and amazed at how helpful and useful it is. Mine is used so often that people know often ask to borrow the pen and paper when we're at an impromptu meeting, at lunch, in a bar, etc.
          Last edited by BrianK; 12-20-2007, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I'm a DA Notetaker Wallet user. It's always with me and is one of the most important GTD tools in my productivity arsenal.

Comment

Here's to the GTD note taker wallet

While I haven't found anything that does well in the shower or while driving, it's hard to beat the the GTD note taker wallet anywhere else.

I am considering getting a pen that doubles as a voice recorder for the times I am driving, but I have a simple work around for dealing with capturing next actions and ideas in the shower. just turn the water off and grab my wallet, which is never more than a reach away from me.

Comment

GTD Trifold NoteTaker Wallet / Nokia 6670 phone voice recorder.

GTD Trifold NoteTaker Wallet / Nokia 6670 phone voice recorder.

Comment

Originally posted by hth View Post
                  (1) I know of no device which can be taken anywhere (swimming pool, shower, ...)
                  (2) See 1. For specific requirements you need specific tools.

I use a Palm TX (fits [1-3] enough for me). While cycling with my racing bike I carry a Moleskine Cahier.
                  I use this setup for more than 5 years (of course not the actual Palm).

Yours
                  Alexander
                  I've got one of those. It's in my head. Trouble is the recall circuit often fails.

David

Comment

Lots of cheap "reporter" 4 by 6 pads of paper that flip up at the top. In the car, near the phones ie any place my "organizer" might not be.

Comment

Fisher space pen and pocketmod booklet.

Comment

Notetaker

It's the Notetaker wallet for me.

The swimming pool's a tough one but at hotel pools it's usually stuck in a shoe close by.

Comment

14 x 21cm spiral bound pad where sheets can easily be pulled out.

Plus vanilla PDA for diary entries and contact details

Ruth

Comment

My favorite

The little Zebra telescoping pen from Staples, shrinks down to about the size of a cigarette but the ink is within so no spots on the slacks. Meade 3 by 5 pad fits in the back pocket and isn't noticeable. Love it.

Comment

Currently using two Palm E2 tungstens,,,,I hotsync and swap when the lithium battery runs low, that way I'm always up....

Stateside and internationally I use the Palm Treo, turns the cellphone/PDA combo into one unit and is the "BMW" of cellphones,,,here in Japan they don't use it but a GSM model is usable almost anywhere,,,,

I've been using Palm for about 7 years now, GTD really gave me a discipline behind using it, vice it being just an address book w/games.

I think any smartphone is the best "tech" solution but a notepad and paper helps with the more "adhoc" split-second stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X