Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook 2007: question about "day-specific actions"

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007: question about "day-specific actions"

Whenever I add a day-specific action (below the Weekday bar, on the left side in my calendar), a reminder pops up, saying the event is overdue. How can I quickly add a day-specific action without having a reminder pop up?

Here a screenshot about what I'm talking about:
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8167/13469258zr9.jpg

Default Reminder Option

This is happening because in Tools / Options, on the first tab, you have "Default reminder:" checked or turned on. A real pain; I know -- you can turn it off -- then these reminders will not pop up -- however, you will not get an automatic alarm for new calendar events you enter.

I personally have turned it off and make a conscience effort to turn on the reminder and decide when I want an alarm.

Comment

Oh dear.
      I think I'll try both options and eventually go with having reminders turned off, too. I use GTD and Outlook with a Pocket PC, maybe having the reminders turned on in my PPC Outlook will suffice.

thanks for your help!

edit: I wonder how DA's Workflow Processing Using Outlook 2007 version will handle this problem.

Comment

Thank you for that - I'd been wondering how to solve that problem!

Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by MrProactive View Post
          This is happening because in Tools / Options, on the first tab, you have "Default reminder:" checked or turned on. A real pain; I know -- you can turn it off -- then these reminders will not pop up -- however, you will not get an automatic alarm for new calendar events you enter.

I personally have turned it off and make a conscience effort to turn on the reminder and decide when I want an alarm.
          Thank you! This one has irritated me for years.

Comment

Working...
          X