Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Good transcription application? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good transcription application?

Hi there,

I'm a big Jott fan and use it often. It makes me wonder about more industrial-strength applications that convert MP3 to text.

Specifically, I'm interested in taking several dozen hours of meeting recordings and having them automatically transcribed.

I have Naturally Speaking and know I can get this done using Naturally Speaking, but I'm looking for something else.

Have any of you GTDers used a service or software that automates this?

Thank you.

It would be helpful to hear why you're not happy with Dragon. It's considered the best of breed, AFAIK. I tried it and found it inadequate. I went with humans, which is more expensive, but I've had extremely high quality results. More here, FYI:

http://ideamatt.blogspot.com/2007/08...spent-100.html
    http://ideamatt.blogspot.com/2007/01...-recorder.html

Comment

Originally posted by cornell View Post
      It would be helpful to hear why you're not happy with Dragon. It's considered the best of breed, AFAIK.
      More the "least worst", in the Churchill/democracy way, unless something's changed lately.

Dragon has had business problems in every incarnation they've had for over a decade, and that's affected their ability to advance the art, on account of they probably have to keep firing the smart guys.

The things being done at places like the MIT Media Lab, Bell Labs/AT&T Research/Lucent/whatever they're called these days, and in call-processing systems like Amtrak's "Julie" IVR, are nothing short of amazing. Someday, that'll make its way down to PCs, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosenman View Post
        Hi there,

I'm a big Jott fan and use it often. It makes me wonder about more industrial-strength applications that convert MP3 to text.

Specifically, I'm interested in taking several dozen hours of meeting recordings and having them automatically transcribed.

I have Naturally Speaking and know I can get this done using Naturally Speaking, but I'm looking for something else.

Have any of you GTDers used a service or software that automates this?

Thank you.
        Have you considered finding a secretarial service to do the transcription for you?

Comment

Working...
        X