Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
O/T question for Blackberry users Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T question for Blackberry users

I have been using a Pocket PC/Pocket PC Phone for several years now. However, my carrier, Verizon, no longer offers a Pocket PC phone that doesn't have a camera. So I am finally looking at either going for a Palm Treo (with Palm) or a Blackberry. Since the future of the Palm seems more uncertain than Blackberry I am tending towards the latter.

One question / concern I have though - I use documents (Word) and spreadsheets (Excel) quite a bit on my PDA and want very quick access esp. to the spreadsheets on the fly. Do Blackberry's offer good support for these kinds of applications?

Thanks

Paul

Paul,

BlackBerry has native support for viewing Word, Excel, and PDF email attachments. If you want to create or edit documents there's a program called eOffice. I haven't used it but it gets 4 of 5 stars on Handango web site. Also, DataViz, the maker of Documents-to-Go says it's coming out with a BlackBerry version of D2G in "the first half of 2008."

I switched from a Palm Treo to BlackBerry several years ago, and you couldn't pay me enough to switch back.

Hope this helps!

- Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jrandall39 View Post
      Paul,

BlackBerry has native support for viewing Word, Excel, and PDF email attachments. If you want to create or edit documents there's a program called eOffice. I haven't used it but it gets 4 of 5 stars on Handango web site. Also, DataViz, the maker of Documents-to-Go says it's coming out with a BlackBerry version of D2G in "the first half of 2008."

I switched from a Palm Treo to BlackBerry several years ago, and you couldn't pay me enough to switch back.

Hope this helps!

- Jon
      Thanks Jon.

Since posting I have got a slight lifeline in the problems I was having with my PPC/Phone. It was taking a long time to start up when opening a spreadsheet I use routinely as time log which was the problem. I have found that removing the SD card I had in the phone has improved the performance considerably.... so I may delay getting a new phone for now. But I think when I do, it will probably be a Blackberry.

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X