• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HandyShopper

Last edited by CosmoGTD; 03-31-2006, 02:35 AM.

Yes, I use this too. Not only is everything you say true, this app is freeware and is supported extremely well. And for those of you, like myself, who have felt a little too "geeky" using a PDA shopping (stylus to check off items, etc), with a Tungsten palm and 5 way navigator button, handyshopper offers a "one hand mode" which allows you to do virtually everything with (as the name implies) one hand!

And for those who want to look even less geeky, HS offers the option of exporting a list to a memo, which can then be printed out.

I've been an HS2 user for years now, and have created a long grocery list with things that actually apply to my family. My wife and I used to walk around Costco, each carrying our own Palms, and then would beam our checked items back and forth.

Specific to GTD, I have my weekly review checklist (as well as others) all in HS2 -- I simply took the list off the website and created the checklist. I added the additional stuff as a note -- so I have DA's full explination available and check-off-able. I also have checklists of my daily tasks (repeating) as well as lists of of tourist-worthy places (organized by town [Stores] and type, like restaurant, museum, historical [aisles]), which makes it easy to answer the "so what should we do while we're here?" question when people are visiting.

Basically, I use the built-in ToDo app or ShadowPlan for non-repeating items, and HandyShopper for all regular or semi-regular checklists. Checklists is a lightly-covered but critical aspect of GTD, for which I'm grateful for HS2.

Well worth every cent.

I had no idea how dependant I was on HS until I busted my IIIc a year ago. Replaced it with an IPAQ then replaced that a month later with a Palm 510m because I couldn't find a HS app for the IPAQ. I use it for the usual shopping, but I also have lists for weekend chores (I'm active duty military so everything gets crammed into weekends), books I plan on reading and all kinds of other stuff. Best thing I've ever gotten for free. The second best is the TODAY app that replicates the PPC opening screen.