Forum

  • If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile GTD'ers - What mobile device is your list manager on?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Mobile Device for List Management

    This has been a journey for me. The best electronic option I have used is the Palm TX that is now retired but still looking as nice as the day I bought it. There were advantages to having a device with a stylus and the list management as superb. I need a robust phone so I stick with Nokia and currently I have the E71. This is a great phone but sadly lacks the great list management capabilities of the Palm and other tools out there. Sadly I am not able to manage categories from my Outlook to my phone. As a dive more deeply into the GTD framework I am migrating more to paper list management; in this case I am bring out a Filofax A-5 binder in which I can do fast capture and easy context based scanning of actions. I use Clear Context in my Outlook and this is a great tool for me. Mind Manager is fun too but I find it best for my high level stuff having never mastered or understood its use for the runway level actions.

    Comment


    • #62
      BlackBerry Curve 8310:

      - Plain vanilla Tasks for Next Action Lists and for collecting stuff (into an #InBasket# category). Sync to Outlook 2003+Netcentrics GTD Add In
      - Voice notes for collecting while driving.

      Works great for me

      Comment


      • #63
        Things on Mac and iPhone for about a year now and I am in love it more than any other system I have ever had. This is so far the pinnacle of my GTD adventure.

        Comment


        • #64
          i seriously don't get why Things looks more popular then Appigo Todo on the iphone.

          For me i go with Appigo Todo on the iPod Touch 2G sync with Toodledo through WIFI.

          I don't really use the web-based one, more like a very convenient backup. I have my list with me 90% of the time with Appigo ToDo.

          Like the previous guy said this is the pinnacle of my task management exploration after coming along way.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by humblepie View Post
            i seriously don't get why Things looks more popular then Appigo Todo on the iphone.
            There's quite a bit of variation in the app store ratings. Right now the Toodledo app is above both Appigo Todo and Things, but they all seems to stay in the top 25. Omnifocus tends to stay in the top 25-50.

            Things has a very finely crafted desktop. It has some flaws, because it is more crafted than designed. Omnifocus is more designed, but more ponderous.
            Originally posted by humblepie View Post
            For me i go with Appigo Todo on the iPod Touch 2G sync with Toodledo through WIFI.

            I don't really use the web-based one, more like a very convenient backup. I have my list with me 90% of the time with Appigo ToDo.

            Like the previous guy said this is the pinnacle of my task management exploration after coming along way.
            I can see why someone who primarily uses the Touch would prefer Appigo Todo over the Toodledo app. It makes better use of color and has some other nice features. It does not have the same (extensive) feature set that Toodledo on the web has. The Toodledo app does reproduce most of that. People who are at their desktops more, who get more of their work from email or other digital sources, or who prefer a full-size keyboard and lots of shortcuts, are going to prefer list managers with stronger desktop versions.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by mcogilvie View Post
              There's quite a bit of variation in the app store ratings. Right now the Toodledo app is above both Appigo Todo and Things, but they all seems to stay in the top 25. Omnifocus tends to stay in the top 25-50.

              Things has a very finely crafted desktop. It has some flaws, because it is more crafted than designed. Omnifocus is more designed, but more ponderous.


              I can see why someone who primarily uses the Touch would prefer Appigo Todo over the Toodledo app. It makes better use of color and has some other nice features. It does not have the same (extensive) feature set that Toodledo on the web has. The Toodledo app does reproduce most of that. People who are at their desktops more, who get more of their work from email or other digital sources, or who prefer a full-size keyboard and lots of shortcuts, are going to prefer list managers with stronger desktop versions.
              you got to explain to me what is the difference between crafted and design. its not a term i normally associate with.

              but i believe i use it on my ipod touch more is due to the fact that when you move about your collection can be done all over whether you are on the move, at home, commuting, in the office.

              i think a person normally don't think whether they should reach for an internet terminal just to enter a task, they write it down on a piece of paper the task.

              that said, you will not review well each projects during your review on a ipod touch
              Last edited by humblepie; 09-13-2009, 10:26 PM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by humblepie View Post
                you got to explain to me what is the difference between crafted and design.
                Things was crafted, in the sense that it grew organically out of what the developers wanted to do as they went about the process of creating it. Omnifocus was designed by a team with decades of experience in design and programming.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by GTDWorks View Post
                  BlackBerry Curve 8300
                  Same here. I love it. *High five*!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by mcogilvie View Post
                    Things was crafted, in the sense that it grew organically out of what the developers wanted to do as they went about the process of creating it. Omnifocus was designed by a team with decades of experience in design and programming.

                    ah i see. thanks for the clarification

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      why not we have a topic based on how we use our individual lists? that would really contrast how we do things with lists.

                      imo alot of what we use matters due to our profession, it would be more helpful if we list out what we do as a profession since a freelancer who spents time at home more would be different from an accountant on the move.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        it looks like there is a good alternative for folks owning an Android based phone. Remember the milk have come out with their android application with a smart input functionality.

                        My experience with them seems to be that remember the milk do not make the best app if you have many projects that are nested. But for ubiquitous task management it certainly covers alot of bases.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X