Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Anyone seen and used the new GTD Workflow Map? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen and used the new GTD Workflow Map?

I got an advert from David Allen on the new GTD Workflow Map (https://secure.davidco.com/store/cat...W-p-16554.php), but was a bit gobstruck at the $50 price tag for the maps and instructional DVD.

I was wondering whether anyone had actually seen the final version and could give some personal reaction to the material.

Thanks, David.

It's a big poster with stylish graphics - perhaps it's the artistic execution that's driving the premium price. Still, I doubt it will take its place above many living room fireplaces...

At that price, there should (or ought to) be some pretty valuable nuggets of wisdom.

Comment

Pricy Stuff

GTD stuff is quality but most of the time seems a bit overpriced to me. I guess the company wouldnt be as successful as it is if people werent willing to pay those prices. I'm not though.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmccormick View Post
        I was wondering whether anyone had actually seen the final version and could give some personal reaction to the material.
        I debated long and hard but decided to go ahead and get it. I just got a notice that it is shipping this coming week. I'll be glad to post back when I see it. The poster is probably worthless to me, no space to put it except the barn and I suspect the sheep won't read it but I am hoping the DVD and small one are worth the money.

Since most of my failures in GTD seem to be related to incomplete processing I am hoping it gives me a better framework to use when I process what I collect.

Comment

I love GTD, but $50 for any kind of GTD poster is outrageous. Hopefully the included DVD makes it worth half the price.

Comment

It looks like this is the same poster that was showcased at the GTD summit. Someone posted a pictures they had taken, but i was taken offline pretty quickly again.
            That one was basically a prettier version of the advanced workflow diagram(not the basic one in the book). Obviously having a quality printed nice pretty workflow diagram is a nice psychological boost. Anything above the first book counts as a luxury to me anyway, so i don't mind the price too much. I am quite curious about the material on the DVD however.

Comment

Hey Guys--

The map previewed at the GTD Summit was not the final version. There were modifications made after that. It's also copyrighted material. So any digital copies you may find on the Internet are not legal copies and we asked those who posted them to remove them (which most were happy to do once they realized it was neither the latest & greatest or legal.)

Comment

seriously in my neck of the woods USD 50 is alot of money for something like that. even a movie poster cost like USD 15.

Comment

You can draw your own poster for free!

Originally posted by WebMarketer View Post
                  I love GTD, but $50 for any kind of GTD poster is outrageous. Hopefully the included DVD makes it worth half the price.
                  Originally posted by humblepie View Post
                  seriously in my neck of the woods USD 50 is alot of money for something like that. even a movie poster cost like USD 15.
                  You can draw your own poster for free! Everything you need to know is in the GTD book!

Comment

why I bought it

Yep, I could draw my own for free.

Yep, movie posters cost less

Yep, $50 is big money for some people for a product of this nature.

I bought it because:

I wanted it.
                    Nicely done artwork inspires me
                    Investing something in my own development gives me skin in the game

And I wanted it. I know, I said that twice.

Comment

Got it today!

Got my 2 workflow posters and DVD today. Boy, they really are nice! I haven't watched the DVD yet, though.

I'm off to find a frame for the biggest one. I'm putting the smaller of the two under the glass that protects my desktop so it will be right where I can see it.

BTW, there is considerably enhanced material here over the basic workflow diagram. Very inspirational!

Comment

Mine Arrived

Originally posted by Barb View Post
                        Got my 2 workflow posters and DVD today.
                        Mine too, no place for the poster but the smaller chart is currently living next to my inbox. No time to listen to the DVD yet either, maybe next week. However I did review the chart and found it helped with some sticky things that have been hanging around in my inbox through a couple of processing days.

Comment

Have to wait

Mine arrived today also. Unfortunately I'm out of town so I will have to wait until Friday before checking it out....I'm looking forward to it.

Randy

Comment

I loved the look of it, and was fine with paying the price for it on the basis that I know how hard it is to design.

Unfortunately, despite my pleas for a PDF version, they insisted that only a physical version would be avaliable - so I was charged an extra $33 to have it delivered, and rather than using a courier it's been thrown to the wolves of the UK Royal Mail - who are on phased strike.

Um. So I might get it, some day. Perhaps.

Comment

GTD poster and dvd

Mine arrived 2 days ago (to HK) and not in the usual cardboard cyclinder but a triangular long box. I immediately took my 2 smaller posters to be laminated and I'm going to hang one on the wall next to my home desk and the other one I'll keep at the office. These are a good size to hold in your hand to study. I'm not sure what I will do with the big poster yet. The diagram takes some concentration as its different to previous GTD pictures although the concepts are the same. I've watched the dvd twice now (while cleaning out my closet). David is in a dark studio sitting on a stool (ladies - yellow sweater, cashmere perhaps?) with the poster on an easel and then he walks through the GTD principles as they are pictured. The camera zooms in to focus on the relevant part of the poster as David talks. Definately the dvd helps understand the poster as its possible to miss some of the finer details although the content is quite dry (without the humor of the cd's). I don't have any issue with it being worth $50 given the intellectual input that goes into creating something like this. Hope they sell lots.

Comment

Working...
                              X