Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Individual Examples of Horizons of Focus Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Individual Examples of Horizons of Focus

I'm just in the process of starting to outline my horizons of focus. It'd be helpful to see some good examples. Can anyone point me to some online? I've done some searching and all I can find is articles explaining the horizons of focus, rather than actual examples.

Thanks,
    Jill

Areas of Focus/Responsibility (20,000 ft) include things in your life that require regular attention to maintain to some standard. Things like your family, career, health and vitality, spiritual practices, personal development, relationships and finances fall into this category.

Short term goals (30,000 ft) represent an outcome that will take 1-2 years to reach. A weight and body mass index target for your body is a good example. Or a goal to be earning $3,000 per month net income by 2012.

Long-term vision (40,000 ft) paint a picture of how you want your life to be in 3-5 years. This might include where you're living, how you're living your life (hopefully one filled with meaning, energy, fulfillment and vitality), starting a family, etc.

Purpose (50,000 ft) is your mission in life and encompasses your values. Franklin-Covey has a mission statement builder on its web site and examples. If I'm fortunate enough to detect my purpose on the planet before I leave it, I'm in pretty good shape.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I'm looking for actual examples of what individuals have listed for their horizons of focus, rather than a description of each level. Has anyone come across some online? Or maybe that are willing to share their own?

Comment

Thanks for the Franklin-Covey recommendation. Taking a look at the site now and finding some good information.

Comment

Originally posted by jhaverk View Post
          Thanks for the information. I'm looking for actual examples of what individuals have listed for their horizons of focus
          Here are mine:
          Family and Friends
          Manage Our Farm Sustainably
          General Farm Goals
          Sheep Flock Goals
          Wool Goals
          Orchard Goals
          Poultry Goals
          Horse Goals
          Ditch Company
          Sheep Association
          Personal Development
          Health & Welfare
          Reading
          Writing
          Spinning
          Knitting
          Weaving
          Sewing
          Quilting
          Scrapbooks
          Photography
          Genealogy
          Computer and Technology
          Keep a Comfortable House
          Work in my Community

Comment

My current work areas of focus, in my job as a professional support lawyer, are:

Client matters
            Knowhow
            Training
            Business Development
            Risk and Compliance
            Supplier Relationships
            Refugee Law Group (a practice group that I chair within the office)

And my personal ones:

Family
            Home
            Health
            Finances
            Spirituality
            Political activism

Liz

Comment

Working...
            X