Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
car capturing tool Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car capturing tool

If want to capture thoughts while I'm freewheeling in my car.

The more I think about it, the more I think a simple single-purpose digital recorder is fine -- all it does is record voice, and that is all.

It should have an on/off switch that I can work without looking.

Am I overlooking any low-hanging vegetables in going this route?

Thanks,
    Rob

Automated tools for converting to other formats

Depending where you live, there are services on offer that you can call, leave a message and get emailed it back in text format. That has the effect of not having a voice-recorder inbox and instead an extra set of info coming into your email inbox.

I cant recall the names of any of the providers (they dont offer their services where I live) but Im sure others will provide names.

Comment

other low hanging fruit

if you can make a hands free call, then you could call your own number and leave a voice message to yourself. Depending on how many messages you get anyway and how many ideas you want/need to capture while driving, this might work...

Myriam

Comment

I attached a lanyard to a voice recorder and I wear it around my neck while driving. The recorder has a distinct record button that I can find without taking my eyes off the road. There aren't many USB MP3 Player/Flash Drive/Voice Recorder combos that have this feature so you might want to get a true voice recorder. Sony makes some nice ones that are easy to use.

Comment

notepad

It sounds strange to describe, but I have successfully used a small clipboard in my car. I leave it on the console between the seats with a pen attached. With a little practice, you can get it out, draw a line, and scribble the note without looking. Tear off sheets make it easier.

Of course, these sheets go into the inbox like anything else.

Comment

My cel phone has button on the side that immediately opens up a memo recording app. I hit ok then record, "Buy new bucket for garage", hit ok to save, and I'm done. All memos are saved in "My sounds" which I process later. I tried the notepad thing, too, but the phone is definitely easier when driving.

Comment

Working...
            X