Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Off topic ... burning CDs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic ... burning CDs

Off topic … (although asking the question is a Next Action!)

What is the technology required to burn a CD from a regular stereo? My home PC does not burn CDs. I can borrow an office lap-top which does.

Is it just a matter of getting the right connector from the stereo to the computer? Can the computer read the stereo output signal and convert it to a computer file? Do I take the feed from the record deck or from the amplifier?

(My project is to halve the weight of vinyl in an upstairs room!)

Thanks very much,

Dave

Thanks Coz.

I see I can download Musicmatch Jukebox for free from their site. Thanks for the advice.

Dave

Comment

Take a look at Gold Wave for old LP's and tapes

Dave: MusicMatch Plus is a good general tool. If you have old record albums or "hissy" cassette tapes, you might also want to look at Gold Wave. It's a powerful audio recorder and editor that can reaaly clean up those old tunes.

Comment

Thanks Marc,

Yep, I think hiss and crackle will be a feature!

Dave

P.S. I will be taking a look at Answers That Work tonight – thanks for the link from your Blog.

Comment

Thanks Coz, the price of the upgrade is very reasonable.

Dave

Comment

Not to get too off-topic but...

Originally posted by Busydave
            Thanks Marc,

Yep, I think hiss and crackle will be a feature!

Dave

P.S. I will be taking a look at Answers That Work tonight – thanks for the link from your Blog.
            Dave - I'm truly impressed with the value the ATW software delivers. I'll be speaking to the developer this morning to prep for an interview on my radio show on Saturday. PM me if you have any questions you'd like me to ask them.

Comment

Amplifier needed?

Busydave -- In some cases, you need an amplifier between the stereo and the PC to boost the signal. My Sony turntable has the amplifier built in.

It took me quite a few tries to get my setup working, and I still have some bugs to work out. Ah well.

Comment

Re: Amplifier needed?

Originally posted by CosmoGTD
                Good point, i ass-umed that one would be running from the amplifier.

Coz
                Originally posted by me_brown1110
                Busydave -- In some cases, you need an amplifier between the stereo and the PC to boost the signal. My Sony turntable has the amplifier built in.

It took me quite a few tries to get my setup working, and I still have some bugs to work out. Ah well.
                Actually, I patch in between my preamp's output and my amp's input. It's a very clean signal and I've never had an issue with too low a signal. If you have separate components (or a control amp like mine with a bridge between the preamp and amplifier, I'd recommend trying that. Anything but the headphone jack!

Comment

Working...
                X