Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on paper Planners

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer is a distraction.

Originally posted by pgarth View Post
    Because I was making a conscious choice to separate my GTD processing and review from the computer I have to make some decisions.
    In my opinion computer is a distraction which lowers the quality of the processing and review processes.

Comment

Originally posted by pgarth View Post
      Hi Gator:

I tried the 8 1/2 by 11 planner for a while, but (believe it or not) it was too much on the big size for me, so I didn't want to carry it around.

The binder I have is effectively half the size of that. Imagine putting a piece of letter-sized (8.5 by 11) paper in landscape-mode and then cut in half vertically. Each piece is the size of my binder pages. I'm sure there was a more mathematically elegant way of putting that, but it's midnight now...
      Thanks Paul, That size would be the JR. sized Levenger I'm using. The 8 1/2 x 11 seems to bulky for me too!

Comment

Wow, I'm really enjoying this thread. Thank you for all the info being shared here. I am now in the process of going to paper. I was in Staples the other day and stumbled across their ARC system. Like Circa but much cheaper. I bought the junior size binder with plastic covers, additional paper, sleeves for capturing / storing scraps etc, and some larger plastic discs so I could store more in the binder. Day two so far of full implementation.

I can certainly relate to computer being too easy to dump too much stuff into... and distraction at meetings etc. I'm looking forward to going paper only in that regard. I know I will keep the PC for project materials mindmaps etc. Weekly review will be key for me.

Paul, re your daily mini map. What a great idea. That is a worry for me in having a link back to my system. Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Priceless!

Comment

Thank you ALL

Hi All, I know that this thread is a year old, but it truly helped me get back to paper. I had been using digital for three years and it was fine, but the technology continued changing on me. And good old paper does not change.

Comment

Working...
          X