Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
A life without project list? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A life without project list?

How would a life without project list look like?

List less??

A life with longer NA-lists??

Or do you mean that you have all project in your head?

Comment

I can think of 3 reasons to have the projects list:
      1. For higher-level planning. Does every longterm goal have a project? Is every Area of Focus served by enough projects? Do all projects seen together support my higher levels in a robust and complete way?
      2. Facilitate prioritization: which projects are active, which are someday/maybe and which go to trash? The same goes for urgency: which projects should I tackle the upcoming days/weeks?
      3. The obvious organization: does every project have a Next Action? Did I catch all open loops?

Comment

Originally posted by Kloun View Post
        When I have a rush of things that need to be done urgently, rather than go into all my projects and take offline the non-urgent ones, I run in panic mode in my email inbox.

For each urgent thing I must do, I email the task to myself. Then I pick tasks out of the inbox, do some work on them, decide the next action and forward it back to myself, deleting the original. This way, a single email holds the next action, plus the history ( support material ).

Running my panic mode this way means that I never miss any new input, while following my natural instinct of getting to inbox zero.

Once the crisis is over, I go back to my normal GTD system and pick up where I left off.

This is a next action list, where each action generates another action until the I decide the 'project' is over.

Comment

Animals?

I think animals do not use a Projects list.

Comment

Testeq, animals do not use GTD.

Comment

Animals with or without projectlists ???

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
              I think animals do not use a Projects list.

I donīt think TesTeq have a project called "Learning the art of delivering funny comments without seeming rude" on his project list... My comment can also be seen as rude....

Was the answer funny?

No, not in my eyes ...

But I think he means that you should have project lists ...

right TesTeq ???

Comment

Inventory of things that are important.

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
                I donīt think TesTeq have a project called "Learning the art of delivering funny comments without seeming rude" on his project list... My comment can also be seen as rude....

Was the answer funny?

No, not in my eyes ...

But I think he means that you should have project lists ...

right TesTeq ???
                My comment can be considered as an offensive joke (and I'm sorry for that) but it can be treated as a straightforward statement too. And as a straightforward statement it is true - without a doubt.

It was not my intention to say that people without Projects list are animals.

This comment was too frivolous for a Forum Hero and please accept my apologies.

I encourage everybody to have an inventory of things that are important for her/him. Project, Someday/Maybe and Areas of Focus lists are the simplest structures to store this information. Without them you'll be in neverending stress.

Comment

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
                  I encourage everybody to have an inventory of things that are important for her/him. Project, Someday/Maybe and Areas of Focus lists are the simplest structures to store this information. Without them you'll be in neverending stress.

I second that TesTeq... itīs so true.

and I must say, TesTeq, your posts are both sharp and insightful. A pleasure to read because you have much experience to share. So contiune the good "work" to be a Forum Hero.

Comment

ready to accept apologies if TesTeq shows his project list (to make sure he IS a Forum Hero)!

Comment

My "Slice of GTD Life".

ready to accept apologies if TesTeq shows his project list (to make sure he IS a Forum Hero)!
                      I describe my GTD implementation in the Slice of GTD Life podcast.

Comment

Working...
                      X