Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Humor - Short, universal to do list Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humor - Short, universal to do list

Check it out here:

My system before GTD:
    Epic Win Photos - Simplified To Do List

There's a lesson in here if you want to root around for it (several, actually) but I mostly think it's funny. Enjoy.

Christopher Jones

Reminds me of the Sponge Bob to do list that only had "nothing" on the list (which was crossed off.)

Comment

Originally posted by kelstarrising View Post
      Reminds me of the Sponge Bob to do list that only had "nothing" on the list (which was crossed off.)
      Oh, that's no fun. The 4-bullet to-do list above shows an actual understanding of to-do list methodologies. #4 is even listed with a status marker, and the list uses self-motivation and reward techniques. Just lacks ambition.

To me, the joke is that our intelligent failures often succeed better than our actual planning when our planning system is dysfunctional (like a to-do list containing items like "Mom!" with no next action, as DA says.)

The "carrot" of getting to cross things off and then reward yourself is really easy to abuse. This reminds me a little of actual to-do lists I have committed before I found GTD. Exaggerated appropriately.

Christopher J

Comment

Working...
      X