Forum

  • If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you put wash the car reminder?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where would you put wash the car reminder?

    Where would you put wash the car reminder? I always miss to wash my car.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kornet View Post
    Where would you put wash the car reminder? I always miss to wash my car.
    Car=its own reminder. When it gets dirty, you add "wash car" to your next actions list and then wash it ASAP

    Comment


    • #3
      If it's something that I keep forgetting, then I will sometimes write it on a post-it note and stick it in my car. I usually keep the inside of my vehicle spotless so a piece of yellow paper really sticks out.

      Comment


      • #4
        Where are you when you need to be reminded of it?

        I might tuck a note between the gas cap and that little door that goes over the gas cap, if you know what I mean, because I would need to be reminded of this when I'm filling up with gas.



        Cheers,
        Roger

        Comment


        • #5
          Dirty car is THE reminder.

          Originally posted by ero213 View Post
          Car=its own reminder. When it gets dirty, you add "wash car" to your next actions list and then wash it ASAP
          I agree - dirty car is THE reminder for me.

          In Poland automatic car washing takes less than 2 minutes (OK - less than 5 minutes) so there is no need to write it down.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's a recurring NA set for the first Saturday of every month under @Errand.

            Of course, that doesn't mean that I'll necessarily go to have it done that particular day, but that's the usual day for my monthly out-of-town shopping trip. So it's convenient to swing by the car wash on my way home.

            By the way, thanks for the reminder. I'm doing it tomorrow!

            Joe

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kornet View Post
              Where would you put wash the car reminder? I always miss to wash my car.
              I put a note in the tickler.

              The nice thing about the tickler and recurring NAs is, that with the tickler you just commit to _review_ the item, not necessarily _doing_ it. It's a fine distinction, yet a useful one.

              So the tickler asks: do you want to wash your car today? Or: do you want to add a NA about washing the car to your list?

              If not, here another nicety of the tickler, you do not have to commit to a harsh dateline. Just ask again in a couple of days and if you underestimate you can re-tickler the item once again. The tickler is "fluid" in that way.

              And the tickler file I use is digital, just in case you were wondering.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cpu_Modern View Post
                I put a note in the tickler.

                The nice thing about the tickler and recurring NAs is, that with the tickler you just commit to _review_ the item, not necessarily _doing_ it. It's a fine distinction, yet a useful one.

                So the tickler asks: do you want to wash your car today? Or: do you want to add a NA about washing the car to your list?

                If not, here another nicety of the tickler, you do not have to commit to a harsh dateline. Just ask again in a couple of days and if you underestimate you can re-tickler the item once again. The tickler is "fluid" in that way.

                And the tickler file I use is digital, just in case you were wondering.
                Not to derail the thread but what kind of tickler do you use? I've been using Remember the Milk to send me email reminders, however, it sometimes unpredictable so I don't totally trust it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  agree with the tickler. I've setup a @Tickler context in my app for keeping NAs, so they're all in there together.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    As one said earlier I would put (and have put) clean my car in a recurring @Errands list. Mine is at the first Saturday of every month. i may or may not do it then but it pops up on my list and stays there until I do it. You can also create a regenerative task rather than a recurring so that it will show up on your list say 1 month after you check off that you cleaned the car last.

                    On another note....I am really starting to get into the paper tickler file. I love the 43 folders concept and am now keeping paper in front of me on the days they need to be in front of me. That way I only look at them when they are in today's folder and I often throw some of those papers into future folders when I see them. Procrastination? perhaps...but they are still there to remind me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      For my digital tickler I used to use standard file folders. That worked well, except that I found that most contents were text snippets. That is why I switched to one big outline file (in Omni Outliner), it is better suited for that kind of data. The nice thing about the file folders was that they could take any sort of document (or shortcuts to documents in general reference).

                      Originally posted by ero213 View Post
                      ...so I don't totally trust it.
                      I can relate to that. This is the reason that I do not use any of those specialized tools. The thought that Outlook "voids" one of my Next Actions just because of some obscure bug: unbearable. Worse even for a tickler! Think about it: You know that it's coming and.. it doesn't come, just because some sofwarething didn't work.. and then you still don't know if its gone or still in there somewhere. That wouldn't be a trusted system for me. Using something in the "cloud"? Do-not-even-think-about-it.

                      I rely on tools that use open file formats on my desktop. That way my data is accessible even without the tools and future-proof.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Caixa de Gordura

                        In Brazil, in interior cities, is common to leave the car at the petrol station to do the cleaning. But it usually takes a few days and prefer to stick with the dirty car.

                        Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
                        I agree - dirty car is THE reminder for me.

                        In Poland automatic car washing takes less than 2 minutes (OK - less than 5 minutes) so there is no need to write it down.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X