English isn`t my first language, but I hope you can understand this anyway:
I`m 26, I live 3 years in my own flat now and the whole thing became a mess recently. I bought the simplify-book and managed to clean-up all floors various times but I usually created staples (sp?) at all places.
Some good rating on amazon made me buying this book (and a juggler on the front cover is always great because this is my favorite thing to do ). This is the FIRST book that let me START some REAL cleaning up: I replaced my table, looked out for all this necessary little things and barely found them all, it took me 2,5 hours to fill my in-box. But how awesome- I did that without any rests!!! Heck, how many times I just started to move around all that stuff...I even did a first round of work trough this box in 3,5 hours today.
Why GTD works? I realized that
...EVERY object you`ve is either ok or has to be removed
...there is no cheating
...you`ve to learn the hard way how much objects you forgot...
...you can create a nice place to be, like the "future" flat or house you always wanted- I don`t know any other system that can give you the same experience (the in-box is the only worst case place...)
I still have 60+ place holders in my in-box but my flat starts to look nice.
Here are some newbie questions:*
1. What English names do you use for all the steps and the places? It took me a few minutes to decipher NA so a short list of your names is welcome!
2. The A-Z file system is really great and the only way to find a place for all that I`ve found in my in-box BUT how do you organize your own archive/ file system if the objects are too big for a normal file?
3. How do you organize your own archive/ file system if the objects are NOT papers?
4. In theory, there is a way to manipulate the system- say, you don`t want to look into this cupboard, so you can decide to put it on the "maybe" list- true? Who ever cheated that way to avoid more serious in-box work?
Thanks for your help
Greetings from Switzerland
* I checked the board 1,5 hours but couldn`t find the answers, Sorry if this are FAQs!
Ah, and the project and NA question is already answered.