Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Where should things like reading a book go? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where should things like reading a book go?

I am using omnifocus iPad to deal with things, but it seems very bogey when things like reading a book keep living in my project list, I can't simply mark it as done. So where should they be?

Can you guys do something while reading this post? Whatever help is appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderChow View Post
      I am using omnifocus iPad to deal with things, but it seems very bogey when things like reading a book keep living in my project list, I can't simply mark it as done. So where should they be?
      I also use Omnifocus and I have a project of reading to improve myself. One of the items in that project is a recurring action to read that repeats every few days once done. I see no reason it can't be in OF. It works for me to keep me focused on reading.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderChow View Post
        Is this reading a particular book or just reading in general?

Comment

Depends on if it's a nice to read or must read:

http://www.gtdtimes.com/2011/09/14/h...ing-materials/

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I am reading "Steve Jobs".

Comment

I think DA's approach is too focused on outcome, I think most time what you are doing is what you 'd like to do as you are doing it. reading pleases me, I don't care what outcome it might be.

Comment

I just have a note in Evernote with a list of books I want to read, so when I'm ready for a new book, I browse thew list and see if something jumps out. If it's something I need to read, I'll create a task like "read requirements doc".

Comment

Working...
                X