Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your weekly review theme song?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your weekly review theme song?

Hi all..
    I am new to gtd, read gtd and Ready ForAnything and started creating the system @work this Jan.
    My weekly review is Tues morning. So far I have only rescheduled it once. To get me in the mood I play Don't stop Thinking About Tommorow by Fleetwood Mac. How do you stay excited about this?

My own "Weekly Review Fanfare"!

At the end of the Weekly Review I play my own "Weekly Review Fanfare" - available at Productive Tunes.

Comment

I've got a weekly review playlist on my iPod

For my weekly review, I've got a 4-album playlist.

California Guitar Trio: Whitewater
      Estborn Svensson Trio: Seven Days of Falling
      Estborn Svensson Trio: Strange Place for Snow
      Atomic Chamber Ensemble: King for a Day

My brain settles into review mode as soon as the first track starts. I guess after 221 consecutive weekly reviews, it's a habit.

Comment

Try the "Quirky Worky Song" from Phineas and Ferb. You'll have to loop it; it's short.

Comment

Mine is, "Noboddddddddy Knowwwwwwws..........."

Comment

My Song..

Originally posted by Almost Done View Post
            Hi all..
            I am new to gtd, read gtd and Ready ForAnything and started creating the system @work this Jan.
            My weekly review is Tues morning. So far I have only rescheduled it once. To get me in the mood I play Don't stop Thinking About Tommorow by Fleetwood Mac. How do you stay excited about this?
            Whatever song is currently inspiring me in life. This week it's "Hunger Song" by the Middle East. (also a great driving song). Don't stop thinking about tomorrow by Fleetwood Mac is a great one!

Comment

I don't have one definite weekly review song.

Usually when I start my weekly review I press play in ipod classical playlist, which starts with Bachs Trio sonata in E-flat major (BWV 525, by Wolfgang Rübsam)

If I have a big pile to process I may listen Vivaldi's The four season (by Nigel Kennedy). It helps me to get my thinking going.

Comment

the trouble we've seen!

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
                Mine is, "Noboddddddddy Knowwwwwwws..........."
                Oh, Mike, I almost fell off my chair laughing! And now we've both dated ourselves! My father would sing those first four notes at the most obscure times...

Margaret!
                I bought Seven Days of Falling - Esbjörn Svensson Trio - based on your recommendation. Couldn't find the others on iTunes, but I did find Whitewater and Strange Place for Snow on amazon. Love Seven Days! Thank you! Thank you!

I love this group!

Dena

Comment

quirky group

Well, thanks for quite a list!

This was my first post to the group, and since Noooobodddddddddyyyyy mentioned that song, "I don't wanna work, I just want to bang on my drums all day" I think its all good.

Comment

Originally posted by artsinaction View Post
                    Margaret!
                    I bought Seven Days of Falling - Esbjörn Svensson Trio - based on your recommendation. Couldn't find the others on iTunes, but I did find Whitewater and Strange Place for Snow on amazon. Love Seven Days! Thank you! Thank you!
                    Dena - so glad you liked it!

Comment

Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Warton View Post
                        My brain settles into review mode as soon as the first track starts. I guess after 221 consecutive weekly reviews, it's a habit.
                        Great habit! Good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret Warton View Post
                          For my weekly review, I've got a 4-album playlist.

California Guitar Trio: Whitewater
                          Estborn Svensson Trio: Seven Days of Falling
                          Estborn Svensson Trio: Strange Place for Snow
                          Atomic Chamber Ensemble: King for a Day

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm going to give these a shot in my review tomorrow. Spotify ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by hcparker View Post
                            Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused.
                            This song has subliminal messages built in...if you play the song backwards, it says: “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it’ll take more of your attention than it deserves.”

Comment

re: "Dazed and Confused"

Originally posted by puant View Post
                              This song has subliminal messages built in...if you play the song backwards, it says: “If you don’t pay appropriate attention to what has your attention, it’ll take more of your attention than it deserves.”
                              This is one of the posts that NEEDS a LIKE button!! Bravo, puant!

Comment

Working...
                              X