Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Allen Quotes !

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two of my favorite David Allen quotes:

"You must be willing to admit what you don’t yet feel is under control before you can deal with it positively."

“When you start to make things happen, you really begin to believe that you can make things happen. And that makes things happen.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gary_89 View Post
      "Your ability to relax is directly proportional to your productivity"
      I remember it as "Your ability to be productive is directly proportional to your ability to relax"... and it's so true!

Comment

If A = k * B then B = A / k.

According to my math knowledge if A is proportional to B then B is proportional to A.

If A = k * B then B = A / k
        • where k is the proportionality constant not equal to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
          According to my math knowledge if A is proportional to B then B is proportional to A.

If A = k * B then B = A / k
          • where k is the proportionality constant not equal to zero.
          Yes, you could definitely say that you're more relaxed when you're more productive, couldn't you? But at the risk of assuming too much, I'm thinking David would self-identify as being in the productivity business and not the relaxation business! (...but perhaps not...?!!)

(This is, of course, all good-humoured twittering about semantics and not to be taken as anyone on the Forums as us being stroppy or argumentative!)

Comment

"Make it up. Make it happen."

This is my favorite one. It makes me feel motivated to just do it!

Comment

From "Ready for Anything"

"If you don't effectively manage your incompletions you'll probably be forced to confront more negative experiences than you would like."

This grabbed my attention as I was listening to the unabridged audio (disc 2, track 16, chapter 23 (I think)).

Mike
              Last edited by MikeP; 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM. Reason: Put quotes around quote

Comment

doing something for the first time

I think this is a David Allen: "People like to do things well. Often, the most important thing for you to do is something you have not done before. So, beware the trap of choosing to do something you have done many times (and can do well) over the more important thing you have not done before, which, for lack of practice, you will probably stumble through."

And a question -- my GTD focus drifts in and out over time. A way to stay in focus would be to start the day with a GTD quote. I have used applications that start your day with a lilmerick sent to my desktop Is there something similar for GTD?

Comment

Originally posted by ArcCaster View Post
                  I think this is a David Allen: "People like to do things well. Often, the most important thing for you to do is something you have not done before. So, beware the trap of choosing to do something you have done many times (and can do well) over the more important thing you have not done before, which, for lack of practice, you will probably stumble through."

And a question -- my GTD focus drifts in and out over time. A way to stay in focus would be to start the day with a GTD quote. I have used applications that start your day with a lilmerick sent to my desktop Is there something similar for GTD?
                  There's the quote of the the day that's posted to the home page of GTD Connect. And there's an article on GTD Connect that lists two pages of our favorite quotes. And the Weekly Review inspiration email gets sent every week to members with a quote from DA. That's what I've got!

Comment

Wagon

"It's okay to fall off the wagon. At least you have a wagon."

Comment

I did

...create the "small things done consistently..." thing. Actually, I just identified something that seems a universal truth. Thank the universe.

Comment

Working...
                      X