Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to track events/occurrences ? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes details of past events are useful, like when applying for insurance or buying a house. Having them all in one place makes getting your details right far easier, especially when you are filling out one of these online forms that won't let you save your partially completed information and won't let you look ahead to the next page of questions.

Comment

3 examples.

Originally posted by cfoley View Post
      Sometimes details of past events are useful, like when applying for insurance or buying a house.
      Chas29 gave 3 examples and for me none of them was in this category. At least in Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
        No, I don't get the idea. Why do you need to remember (digitally) that you changed air conditioner filter in 2010?

I need to know the date of the next change - not the previous!
        Because of personalization, I chose to keep ALL past dates, rather than just the most recent past date. You and others are free to keep ONLY the most recent change if that is what you desire.

The next change is sometimes based on the previous change, so you DO need to know the date of the previous change. That is the point of this thread. See OP.

Chas29

Comment

Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
          No, I don't get the idea. Why do you need to remember (digitally) that you changed air conditioner filter in 2010?

I need to know the date of the next change - not the previous!
          There are many things here where you have to provide the date of the last thing as well as knowing when the next one is due.

Health insurance, always requires that you fill out every teatnus shot you have ever had plus all other vaccinations as well as when you are due for next one.You need results of all blood work that has been done in the last 5 years esp if you are taking thyroid or other meds that are tracked by blood results.

When selling any real estate you must know the dates of all service for the last 10 years for major systems like heating, air conditioning etc. plus all regular maintenance. Knowing when you changed the air conditioning filter is important because it's looked at as a way to determine if you are doing proper maint. on your home. This affects the selling price as well as all the various disclosures you have to fill out and a re legally responsible for.

If you have a vehicle that gets recalled for any reason one of the first things they need you to fill out are the dates of all oil changes and other suggested maint. procedures to verify whether you will have topay for the fix or not depending on the recall and the vehicle.

Those are just simple examples but there are many more like that here.

Comment

US vs. EU bureaucracy.

Originally posted by Oogiem View Post
            Health insurance, always requires that you fill out every teatnus shot you have ever had plus all other vaccinations as well as when you are due for next one.You need results of all blood work that has been done in the last 5 years esp if you are taking thyroid or other meds that are tracked by blood results.

When selling any real estate you must know the dates of all service for the last 10 years for major systems like heating, air conditioning etc. plus all regular maintenance. Knowing when you changed the air conditioning filter is important because it's looked at as a way to determine if you are doing proper maint. on your home. This affects the selling price as well as all the various disclosures you have to fill out and a re legally responsible for.

If you have a vehicle that gets recalled for any reason one of the first things they need you to fill out are the dates of all oil changes and other suggested maint. procedures to verify whether you will have topay for the fix or not depending on the recall and the vehicle.
            OMG! I thought that there's less bureaucracy in the US than in the EU (with its rules for a banana shape). Now I am convinced to stay here and enjoy a blissful ignorance about the past dates of meaningless events like a roof repair in my house...

Comment

I like to know the past date because I may change my mind about when to re-do it.

Comment

Last data is OK.

Originally posted by cwoodgold View Post
                I like to know the past date because I may change my mind about when to re-do it.
                Knowing the date of the last air conditioner filter change is OK. But keeping a list of such dates is not useful for me.

Comment

Working...
                X