Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for working on contexts?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for working on contexts?

David mentioned specific mood for specific contexts i.e. writing. Do you set specific time frames to work on specific contexts?

I have no context schedule.

Originally posted by Mishina View Post
    David mentioned specific mood for specific contexts i.e. writing. Do you set specific time frames to work on specific contexts?
    No, I have no context schedule.

Comment

I work from home with minimal external influences, so all of my contexts are available most of the time.

Once I start down a track, I tend to stay on it until something interrupts me, even if it's not the best use of my time. I have, therefore, added some context-based scheduling to force me to reassess what I'm doing every so often.

I'm finding I stay more focused on the task in hand when I know I've only got 25 minutes to do emails, before I move onto forums for 15 minutes, then writing projects for 30 minutes, then 10 minutes off the phonecalls list, etc.

It's all very flexible, and I can choose to ignore it if I decide my current project or context IS the best way to spend my time. But that little bit of structure is a good thing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mishina View Post
        Yes and no. I have structured my workday so that most days I have the morning free at home for research and writing. This is really not scheduling by context or by project, but by habit, preference and experience. I am playing around with a specific @writing context, broken off from @computer. So far the change seems to have made very little difference. I am just finishing a 90-page ms, and have been doing a lot of writing, so I may not have good data yet on whether an @writing context is helpful to me.

Comment

Working...
        X