Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports: projects or areas of focus?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aof is certainly a relevant trigger for sports and exercise.

However, I just realized something about working out. I have a difficult time during certain periods to find the time and actually do any exercise, besides from working to and from work. I have Exercise, or rather get and stay fit as an area of focus. I'm very difficult to get to the actual exercise though.

I just figured out that if I set every workout as a project, then, for example every set is a task for that project. Every workout schedule I have come across is then a project with tasks to cross over.

So I could really see that a workout would be a project. Don't know if it will work, but I have never tried that approach before, so it might work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pontussorlin View Post
      So I could really see that a workout would be a project. Don't know if it will work, but I have never tried that approach before, so it might work.
      I might try that, too. I've divided up my strengthening workout into sections in my mind, and can do the parts at different times; if I write down each part as a separate action, maybe it will seem more doable and get done more often. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

What do you want it for?

Originally posted by Fritz58 View Post
        Could you please help me formulate the name of the projects. I'm in for sports playing tennis (two times a week) and lifting weights (three times a week). I want to put that on my project list. There's no any particular finish line for these projects. I play tennis to support my cardio system and doing lifts to support and develop my muscles. I hope they are never ending projects

Could they be areas of focus under my Health area of focus? What it the best way to formulate them?
        Hello Fritzz. It looks to me you should ask: what do you want the system to do for you in terms of Sports and specially Tennis?

Really, what? Is it to remind you that it is something you like? Would a poster in the wall work as well? Or do you have something like "buying a racket" that you want to accompllish under that so you can play? Or is it a life metric you want to keep that helps you monitoring if you are playing enough times?

All these would have different implementations.

Crowding the system may reduce its clarity and ultimate purpose of guidance.

Goncalo

Comment

Originally posted by cwoodgold View Post
          I might try that, too. I've divided up my strengthening workout into sections in my mind, and can do the parts at different times; if I write down each part as a separate action, maybe it will seem more doable and get done more often. Thanks for the idea.
          Sure. And as for the name of the projects, I think that was your original question, the successful outcome would probably be Completed tennis session, or Completed run of 5k, so I would make that the names of the projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Oogiem View Post

As it is I have a 2 level system with 7 top level AOF buckets:
            Family & Friends
            Manage our Farm Sustainably
            Personal Development
            Computer and Technology
            Oil & Gas Issues
            Keep a Comfortable House
            Work in my Community
            Within each of those larger areas are separate more traditional AOFs. For example:
            Under personal development I have these sections:
            Maintain an Healthy Lifestyle
            Ongoing Learning
            Writing
            Reading
            Knitting
            Weaving
            Sewing
            Quilting
            Scrapbooks
            Photography
            Misc. Art Media
            Genealogy
            My projects are within those folders.
            Is there an Outlook solution for this ?

btw thanks Oogiem for the input

Comment

Blimee. Keep things simple.

You should have an AOF "Health & Fitness" within that area put "go play tennis" as a single action!

Comment

project folder, project, action

Originally posted by Fritz58 View Post
                Could you please help me formulate the name of the projects. I'm in for sports playing tennis (two times a week) and lifting weights (three times a week). I want to put that on my project list. There's no any particular finish line for these projects. I play tennis to support my cardio system and doing lifts to support and develop my muscles. I hope they are never ending projects

Could they be areas of focus under my Health area of focus? What it the best way to formulate them?
                I put the action in the following:
                Project Folder: Health
                Project: Health misc (single action)
                Action: play tennis, set repeat parameters!
                Action: lift, repeatly

OmniFocus is powerful!

Comment

Working...
                X