Forum

  • If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project List

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Project List

    I am currently using a Moleskine as my GTD system. I am confused about the Project section.

    Should I just have the project title and the outcome or am I supposed to detail all the various steps in each project page?

    If so, is it normal to have a pages and pages about projects?

  • #2
    Originally posted by silvine View Post
    I am currently using a Moleskine as my GTD system. I am confused about the Project section.

    Should I just have the project title and the outcome or am I supposed to detail all the various steps in each project page?

    If so, is it normal to have a pages and pages about projects?
    The general idea is to plan ahead as little as you need to feel comfortable. Often I just have a title, sometimes a few notes for project support,

    Comment


    • #3
      Project Lists

      Originally posted by silvine View Post

      Should I just have the project title and the outcome or am I supposed to detail all the various steps in each project page?
      I generally just list the final outcome in my Projects List. It's a placemarker for me to make sure I have NAs listed that will get me to that final outcome.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't know if my way of doing it is any good, but my projects list consists of just the project titles. My titles are are listed as outcomes. I then have a seperate document for each project, containing the next actions required for that project.

        Comment


        • #5
          I start by creating an individual note in Evernote for each project. The title is the Project. I then use the body of the note as my list of individual tasks to complete that project. Evernote allows me to use a checkbox at each item and I can then check off each step when done. (creating a sense of accomplishment!)

          If I don't know all the steps to complete the project...which I often don't...when I do a Weekly Review, or when an idea comes to me I add more as needed.

          Comment


          • #6
            What about @contexts?

            Originally posted by MarkDillon View Post
            I start by creating an individual note in Evernote for each project. The title is the Project. I then use the body of the note as my list of individual tasks to complete that project. Evernote allows me to use a checkbox at each item and I can then check off each step when done. (creating a sense of accomplishment!)
            How do you group Next Actions in @contexts?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TesTeq View Post
              How do you group Next Actions in @contexts?
              I set up my Evernote based on TheSecretWeapon.org. I don't do things exactly as they suggest, for example I don't have my email load directly into Evernote. (I found that wasteful of my time to process it.) I can add various tags to each note to group them as needed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by silvine View Post
                is it normal to have a pages and pages about projects?
                Yes! This is the definition of a Project Support file.



                Cheers,
                Roger

                Comment


                • #9
                  I used a moleskine for my system for three years, until I finally bought an iphone and started using Google Tasks and two apps to sync everything.

                  My projects lists, which lived on the last pages of my moleskine, were just the title.

                  I have an old saved podcast here somewhere with Meg Edwards and I think DA, too, where they point out that the question of "How do I keep my projects and NAs linked?" is a question asked by people who aren't actively practicing GTD, who are at the outset of implementing GTD, or who aren't fully harnessing the power of the weekly review.

                  As GTD becomes as comfortable for you as answering a phone call, you'll start to install things such as jotting where your project support materials are, or you'll be rocketing through NAs on a project so quickly you don't need to remind yourself what the next step is--it will be apparent.

                  And you'll sweep up behind yourself once a week.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Project List

                    Just to clarify,



                    Are the project lists then actually the written lists of desired outcomes?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by curtis View Post
                      Just to clarify,

                      Are the project lists then actually the written lists of desired outcomes?
                      Often, yes. At the very least, your project would be defined by the outcome you expect to be true when it is complete: finalize, submit, complete, transform, build, etc.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X