Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to strike a balance between fun, admin, progression and improving your life?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewbGTD View Post
    You most likely need to realise the power of less, begin to edit your life and minimalise all but the essential things
    Thanks. I've recently cleared out a lot of clutter from my home which felt great. I guess I could try it with my lifestyle too. The thing is, as I remove unimportant next actions from my lists, I'm afraid they might just go back into my psyche and clog it up. But I'll give it a go, and I'll check out that book too.

Comment

Someday/Maybe!

Originally posted by Antoinette GTD'er View Post
      The thing is, as I remove unimportant next actions from my lists, I'm afraid they might just go back into my psyche and clog it up.
      So make a separate list or section for Someday/Maybe stuff that I really can't even think about now but will revisit in 6 months" or some equally descriptive term and dump everything there.

That way your brains won't worry you've "lost" something but you are free to deal with what you can realistically do now.

Comment

Originally posted by NewbGTD View Post
        You most likely need to realise the power of less, begin to edit your life and minimalise all but the essential things (it takes weeks if not months to create a minimalist lifestyle but its worth it, a good book to read is "the power of less"). GTD doesn't really place much emphasis on minimlising rather the emphasis is on managing it all.
        I think this is they key "Less is more"
        The practice of Kanban is a methodology that predates GTD but applies some of the same principles. It acknowledges your inventory of stuff and makes it visible with post it notes in three columns, backlog, in progress and done. A central belief to Kanban is that increased throughput makes for more successful work. Less items in progress limits multitasking and complexity. This to me is key success factor in having fun, whether I am working or playing

Comment

I actually found once I reached peak levels of minimalism in my life it kind of eradicates the need for a complex productivty system like gtd.

I still like to use key gtd elements but I hardly need a system to be honest.

Comment

Working...
          X