Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Pomodoro Technique Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helps learn about time, too

I use the Pomodoro technique off and on. My job consists of lots of back-to-back meetings and dealing with work as it shows up (triage and crisis), so I am only able to fully utilize the technique when I am working on some focused next actions or projects.

The most amazing thing that the Pomodoro technique has done for me though, has been to finally learn how long certain tasks REALLY take to accomplish. I'm sure no one else has this problem . . . but I have a habit of trying to cram too much into a day/hour/etc. I tend to be a bit overambitious with just how many NAs I can fit into my allotted time. Tallying how many Pomodoros a certain task takes has been my best take away from this technique!

Comment

Overestimating

Originally posted by Tspeidel View Post
      I'm sure no one else has this problem . . . but I have a habit of trying to cram too much into a day/hour/etc. I tend to be a bit overambitious with just how many NAs I can fit into my allotted time.
      lol

absolutely

i console myself by thinking that i probably would never get started if i knew how long things would actually take

Comment

Working...
      X