Forum

• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goals List too long

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goals List too long

Hey, I recently did a WR and realized my Goals List was super long and a bit disorganized. So I went ahead and reorganized it my area of focus or major project.
    So now instead of one long list of goals, I have this below (I'm using OF and have 30K as a folder, and everything inside it as a project):

30K: Goals List
    Marathon Running
    Finance
    Professional Development

So I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing as i did, and how you went about reorganized your Goals List. I read someone on the forum that someone uses a large mind map to keep track of all their goals, an interesting idea

Originally posted by Tado View Post
    Hey, I recently did a WR and realized my Goals List was super long and a bit disorganized.

So I was just wondering if anyone else experienced the same thing as i did, and how you went about reorganized your Goals List. I read someone on the forum that someone uses a large mind map to keep track of all their goals, an interesting idea
    Hey, Tado,

I'm one of the ones who loves oversized mind maps, and my goals are specific to my Areas of Focus, not to individual projects.

And I use full sentences.
    For example, in my Personal Development (let's call it PD) Area of Focus, my goal says:
    "Be conversational in Greek in two years."

I have a project that's "Learn Greek" with an outcome of "Be able to understand and reply with correct grammar and vocabulary in most situations." but I keep the goal with my area of focus so I can see all of my PD goals at once. Not all projects within the PD Area of Focus have goals associated with them... way too time consuming! I just hit the important ones.

So when I look at your goals list, I'm not sure what your goals are exactly, within each of those three areas.

Does that help? Thanks for asking the question... you reminded me I need to take a peek at some of those other PD goals!

Dena

Comment

Goals?

Originally posted by Tado View Post
      30K: Goals List
      Marathon Running
      Finance
      Professional Development
      Let me understand. These are your goals? For me a goal is something that I can achieve ie. objectively measure that I've achieved it.

How can I achieve Marathon Running? Or Finance? Or Professional Development?

For me these items are descriptions of Areas of Focus.

Comment

Working...
      X